Pet Peeves that drive you nuts...

Tika

Old kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thistlewoodpubllishing.com
People that speak to me and at the end of every stinking sentence, raise the tone of their voice so that every sentence sounds like a question rather than a statement.

I was walking down the street today? And I saw this big dog? He looked really mean? I thought he was going to bite me? blah blah blah.

(Don't worry about the dog. I may bite you!) oops, should I have put quotes around that?

BUGS ME!
PEEVES ME OFF!
WHAT IS UP WITH THAT???
Crawls off sheepishly to water my erbs.

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
People that speak to me and at the end of every stinking sentence, raise the tone of their voice so that every sentence sounds like a question rather than a statement.

Yes!

When I was a dog trainer (which really meant training the humans of the dog) I would try in vain to get people to stop "asking" their dog to do something. It's not, sit? It's sit! They call them commands because you're telling the animal to do something; not asking. To which they'd reply..."But I don't want to make him (the dog) mad at me."

People! I'll take a dog, anyday~

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
Asterisks in EVERYTHING IN THE STORE ON SALE!* ads

*Excluding Bose, Apple, Harmon-Kardon, KLH, Maytag, Meile, Fagor, Bosch, Frigidaire, KitchenAid, Calphalon, Presto, Rival, Hamilton-Beach, anything in a box with the face of a Food Network star in a circular or starburst-shaped border, and Hershey chocolate bars actually made in Hershey, Pennsylvania.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Asterisks in EVERYTHING IN THE STORE ON SALE!* ads

*Excluding Bose, Apple, Harmon-Kardon, KLH, Maytag, Meile, Fagor, Bosch, Frigidaire, KitchenAid, Calphalon, Presto, Rival, Hamilton-Beach, anything in a box with the face of a Food Network star in a circular or starburst-shaped border, and Hershey chocolate bars actually made in Hershey, Pennsylvania.

*Excluding: anything anyone in his/her right mind would actually want to purchase.