Jobation June 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, look at those five posts and all that wordage!

Marya, "got rid of a character's ex-wife" sounds ominous here on the MTS board. Did you kill her marvelously, or did she die of the Big Delete Key in the Sky?

It's errand day for me, so I have no expectations on wordage, but I'll likely write something and edit this later. Happy writing, all!

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I have extended the crappy scene, which isn't so crappy any more. Yay!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I did good :)

(As did all of you, congrats).

I have this little girl in Malaya on the day the Japanese attack and I must say - she's quite endearing.

Last week I was writing her in the present day aged 86. She was less endearing, but quite adorable then. It's lovely to see how she started.

I'm very fond of her.

:Hug2: little Tess.

Namatu - are you coming to France for le Tour? (all those botties!!!)

me-a-monsteR

Bites upon request
Registered
Reaction score
Got 417 words down today. Brain is tempted to shutdown.
Wow, people have been busy on this thread: killing characters... taking trips to France, and adding words to WIPs.

Ooh, how about a round of chocolate? :hooray:

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Not a lot of wordage for me the past couple of days. The good news is, I finally landed a job and should start either tomorrow or Monday! It's only a 5 week project, but it's something. Sorry for getting off topic, HJ.

Finally got a tough scene worked out, even though it was a short one.* Total of a whopping 208 words. Going to keep plugging and get the WC up for today.

*Check out the LOD*

Last edited:

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
850. Not bad for errand day. Time to switch characters again, which, as I get to know these people better, is getting more challenging to do. I can feel my brain shifting gears with a big ker-chunk as I do that, so it needs to be a new day for each new POV switch.

Still haven't figured out that last complication for two of them. They're out of danger for now, their injured comrade on a stretcher between them hiking down the mountainside...but. But what?!? I just don't know, but it has to be something. Luckily, I won't be there for three more days, but I'm getting nothing good so far. My plotting muscle is taking a little vacation. yoo-hoo! come back, little guy!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Not a lot of wordage for me the past couple of days. The good news is, I finally landed a job and should start either tomorrow or Monday! It's only a 5 week project, but it's something.

:banana: I am SO pleased for you! And to see you writing. :)

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
904 words today, finishing a chapter. Had a lovely writing session sitting in my front yard under a tree. Since I really don't want to go inside, I might write a little longer, if I have enough life in my laptop battery.

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Added another 732 words before a biting fly drove me inside. For a total of 1636 today.

And congrats on the job, Ken.

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Indeed Ken! It's always good to find work when you can. ;)

I started my novella today and wrote 1432 words on that.

Then I did a little editing on my last major WIP and started off with a little bit: 233 words.

Total = 1665 words.

Now I need to work on something for work.
Bleh. :tongue
That'll be no fun...

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
About 1100 today. Don't know the exact number. Stopping seriously within three hundred words of the end of the big climax, but I've got to get to bed.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Total word count for the month so far: zero.

I just haven't been able to make time for it. Which sucks. It's starting to get me down a bit. And this weekend is a write-off too (pun intended).

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Donedonedonedonedone!! First part done and pretty and neat and revised and ready to pack away. Yayyy!! I really do have a book here :hooray: It's just a smidgeon under 9,000 words since I started in May's challenge - so I reached my (admittedly modest)target and then some :)

ETA: Secondglance - :Hug2: I'm going to feel like that in a few days - we have houseguests, which is lovely (they're luverly guests) but I just know I'm going to start having that antsy feeling ...

Last edited:

Marya

In search of distractions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
africanalchemy.wordpress.com
Not a word written. Reading tributes to Ray Bradbury and eating Lindt chocolate. (me-a-monsterR, join me)

Lorna, my plotting muscle has gone to flab. I hope to revise the most pivotal scene this weekend and need a toned and sinewy plotter.

BfloGal congrats on 1 636 and Doc Brown on 1 665

onesecondglance, come talk to Kindly Grandma

mccardey, your little girl Tess facing the Japanese attack gives me goosebumps.

Goal for this weekend 2 000 or bust

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Total word count for the month so far: zero.

I just haven't been able to make time for it. Which sucks. It's starting to get me down a bit. And this weekend is a write-off too (pun intended).

:Hug2: Some months are like that. You'll get back to it. Try not to beat yourself up. :)

Donedonedonedonedone!! First part done and pretty and neat and revised and ready to pack away. Yayyy!! I really do have a book here :hooray:

Woo hoo! :)

No words from me yesterday. I had a tough day and instead of taking it out on my characters I moped. It was very attractive. Today there will be words. Poking welcome.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Thanks guys. I think you've got it right Marya - 2k by the end of the weekend or bust! :e2BIC:

It's funny - as in funny-odd, not funny-does that guy have a chicken on his head? - I shouldn't feel guilty about this. I've been working hard in the day job, and doing chores that really needed to be done around the house. This weekend we have friends over and we're heading to a music festival (Download at Castle Donington if you're interested :Guitar: :e2headban). These are good things to be doing with my time - I don't feel as though I've been "wasting" my time. But I still feel guilty about not getting any writing done. :e2hammer:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Way to go McCardey!

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
WA, you GO, girl! :D So happy for ya!

Excellent work, mccardey, getting a section all nice and tidy and good.

1600+ for me this morning.

And I figured out my plot complication! Thank you, internet research. Now, truly, every possible bad thing that can happen to these people is happening to them. I could not shoehorn in one more disaster to this plot.