Anderson Silva Loses

Deepthought

Think hard, often
Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
After 7 years as UFC Middleweight Champion, Anderson Silva has lost. I didn't think he would lose, and certainly not in the brutal fashion that he did, getting knocked clean out. But then, I don't think most people did.

Walter Lime

Read, write, and run.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
walterlime.com
And then after breaking his leg recently in such a horrible fashion, not sure if he should hang around any longer. Eventually even the best decline. Fedor's losses came on abruptly too. Sad when it happens, but that's life. Marciano had perfect timing, and thus a perfect legacy.

pennywise18

Registered
Reaction score
His career is basically done now. It takes over a year to recover from an injury like that, and then he will have to train to get back into fighting shape, and he's no young pup as it is.

Arcadia Divine

Registered
Reaction score
Even with a healed broken ANYTHING, he's never going to fight the same in any way ever again. He'll have to work around that broken leg, which can be done, but he'll have to really think on his toes so he doesn't kick that exact same way.

Walter Lime

Read, write, and run.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
walterlime.com
I agree, that injury was brutal. Kind of sad though, I was hoping for a Silva-St. Pierre super-fight, but now they're both pretty much out of the game. Things change almost overnight. The fight I'm most interested in now is a Jon Jones-Gustafsson rematch. Hope it happens.