Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drachin8

post-apocalyptic bunny
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I read the first one, but the ending felt very incomplete, so I have not picked up any of the rest. I love his other works, though (and got to listen to him read one of his stories at World Fantasy Con)(the guy is a total blast to listen to).

:)

-Michelle

Sneaky Devil

Tale-spinner
Registered
Reaction score
i guarantee that you'll like the second one but be prepared to be a little irritated, he's still working on the third and final book of the series
i love them though, i think they're really good

drachin8

post-apocalyptic bunny
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Does the second end as cliff-hangery as the first? Because that is what killed me. Lovely book outside of that.

-Michelle

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not yet, but I loved the Otherland series. IMO he's one of those authors who can get away with being wordy and rocking a meandering plot. I find his writing so engaging!

ETA: No, I take it back. I read the first one of the series. I liked all the wandering around being confused in the fairy-enchanted land (or whatever it was). I didn't like the whiny princess though. I thought she really needed a good slap. I liked the whiny prince though! and I loved the journey under the castle. yeah, okay, i like the whole book.

Last edited:

Sneaky Devil

Tale-spinner
Registered
Reaction score
Shadow spoiler

yes it does, barrick ends up alone with Skurn (a bird that helped him and Vansen), briony almost gets arrested until she finally says who she is (she's been on the run) and a bunch of other good stuff happens!!!!

Does the second end as cliff-hangery as the first? Because that is what killed me. Lovely book outside of that.

-Michelle

Sneaky Devil

Tale-spinner
Registered
Reaction score
there's plenty more wandering in the shadowlands in the second and briony changes some as well, you should check it out...beware-he isn't finished with the third yet

Not yet, but I loved the Otherland series. IMO he's one of those authors who can get away with being wordy and rocking a meandering plot. I find his writing so engaging!

ETA: No, I take it back. I read the first one of the series. I liked all the wandering around being confused in the fairy-enchanted land (or whatever it was). I didn't like the whiny princess though. I thought she really needed a good slap. I liked the whiny prince though! and I loved the journey under the castle. yeah, okay, i like the whole book.

drachin8

post-apocalyptic bunny
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
You might want to post a spoiler alert on your post above with the second book spoilers. I started reading and then had to skim over to the non-spoiler section. If the second book is as cliff-hangery as the first, I think I will wait for the entire series to be finished and published before running off to buy them.

-Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies.