Registered
Reaction score
Um, stuck in the posters I guess.

:D

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Wow Carole, I'd have given up after the first attempt, and been like, eh, I'll just pretend it's a new style and I'm the only one cool enough to "get" it right now.
That's all well and good, except that you didn't actually SEE my hair. OMG. I am so glad that the only other person exposed to it was the girl at Sally's. She shared my pain. Oh, but there was one other person - the guy who came to cut down the tree in the back yard. Yeah, I think i scared him to death when I opened the door with the top of my hair all neon gold. At least he was polite and didn't say anything.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
That's all well and good, except that you didn't actually SEE my hair. OMG. I am so glad that the only other person exposed to it was the girl at Sally's. She shared my pain. Oh, but there was one other person - the guy who came to cut down the tree in the back yard. Yeah, I think i scared him to death when I opened the door with the top of my hair all neon gold. At least he was polite and didn't say anything.
LOL! I've had my share of hair catastrophes, which is why I'm like you and only do it once or twice a year. And since the tree guy was, well, a guy, he probably didn't even notice. :D

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking that he'd probably have to be blind to not see it. And he did put on sunglasses, probably to cut the glare :D

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
He probably just didn't want you to see that he was checking you out, probably thought the neon roots were some type of wild new freakdeaky chick thang!

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
Carole, I'm glad it finally looks right. I currently have stripes on my roots. I went a shade darker the last time I colored my hair so THOSE roots are not quite the same color as the rest of my hair, which WAS lighter. And now I have new roots. I'm hoping it catches on as the new style. ;)

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I have a rant!!!

Unfortunately, it's a rant against myself. I was out in my living room, enjoying a lazy Sunday morning and forgot about my cell phone in my room. Then I hear this faint little song as I'm sipping my coffee on the couch and playing on the 'net. Suddenly it hits me, it's my phone. I go sprinting down the hall (still holding my hot coffee which sloshes over the rim and spill this way and that way all the way down the hall and scorches my hand). I get to the phone just as voice mail picks up only to see that my worst fear was confirmed. I missed my husband's call!!! I'm not real emotional but I feel like crying right now. I can't believe I was dumb enough to forget to bring my cell phone out with me this morning.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Ohhh. (((hugs)))

Is there any way he'll call back? I'm so sorry. :(
Thanks. I don't know if he'll be able to call back or not or how long it'll be before he gets another chance. I feel exactly like this :e2cry: right now.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, sweetie. I wish I could say something to make you feel better. I'd go cuddle with the kids.
My kids are away at camp.
:e2cry:

:e2cry:

:ROFL:
Sorry, it just became so pathetic I had to laugh at myself. Thanks. I needed that.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
omg, I know that feeling. I had it with my ex (when I could actually stand him) when he was deployed and I have it now with Mr. Vagabond because he's always gone with his work. It's that sinking feeling right in the middle of your chest. You feel like you let him down and you feel like you let yourself down. Shit happens, sweetie. He'll call again. Probably not as soon as you'd like, but he will call again. An you certainly didn't just ignore the call. He knows that. He knows you. And just think - you'll have something new to talk about when he calls again besides how are you are how are the kids?

**hugs**
Carole :)

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Yes! That will probably crack him up!! Retell the story in grand detail of how you nearly broke your neck AND decorated the hall with coffee.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
You ladies are soooo wonderful!

That is why I LUV the Girlie Thread.

He'll get a kick out of me spilling coffee all the way down the hall. He'll call again, soon I hope. There's nothing I can do about missing the call now.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yes, it is!

I feel so bad because I know it takes forever for him to get a call out on the crappy satellite phone they have.

I'm so thankful you guys snapped me out of feeling sorry for myself and made me laugh. You ladies are priceless.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm guessing that she's got it on a chain around her neck at this point. :D

Story, I love you to pieces. You've known that forever, though. Sometimes you just have to laugh at your human frailties...like leaving the phone in the other room. As the song goes, memories are made of this...

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes you just have to laugh at your human frailties...like leaving the phone in the other room. As the song goes, memories are made of this...
Yup, and you know I love you to pieces too!
I was going to say something about shoving it in her underwear since I rarely have pockets, but it's too early for those things.
LOL! You're not too far off. I actually have it tucked in the elastic waste of the boxer shorts I'm lounging around the house in today.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Carole, I'm glad it finally looks right. I currently have stripes on my roots. I went a shade darker the last time I colored my hair so THOSE roots are not quite the same color as the rest of my hair, which WAS lighter. And now I have new roots. I'm hoping it catches on as the new style. ;)
I was this close (fingers really close together) to having all the bleached part chopped off instead of bleaching again. The virgin hair was about 10 inches long so it's not like I would have been bald and everything left would have been so pretty and healthy. But Mr. Vagabond would have had a cow. He begged me not to do it. It's just about at my waist, too, so that would have been a huge thing to get used to.

Doncha just looove having roots? They say that a good colorist can match up your hair perfectly to your roots. I should have done that and just chopped maybe half of it off and gone from there. I really miss having healthy hair.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
I was this close (fingers really close together) to having all the bleached part chopped off instead of bleaching again. The virgin hair was about 10 inches long so it's not like I would have been bald and everything left would have been so pretty and healthy. But Mr. Vagabond would have had a cow. He begged me not to do it. It's just about at my waist, too, so that would have been a huge thing to get used to.

Doncha just looove having roots? They say that a good colorist can match up your hair perfectly to your roots. I should have done that and just shopped maybe half of it off and gone from there. I really miss having healthy hair.

Wow, that's a lot of hair!

I used to have a good colorist but I'm afraid to go to a salon here. My hair is thin and fine, nothing like the locals (Mexicans). I'm scared all my hair would fall out!