I'll bet a survey of editors at the the big publishing houses . . .

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
This is not really news, not new news anyway.

There is also one for tall people and how they are more often put in positions of authority.

So if you're tall and good looking, what...no glass ceiling?

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
A country where jobs and promotions go to candidates with good looks, confidence, and connections--rather than education, experience, intelligence, passion, or skill.

And we're shocked--shocked!--that things are so bad.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
The workplace is more about cohesion than it is expertise. If one is an expert and experience, then it is often most lucrative to work as a contractor. Jobs that actually require significant infrastructure will have people hired for expertise. Otherwise, it is who you are friends with, who you get along with and how well you get along with others that determine your productivity.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A country where jobs and promotions go to candidates with good looks, confidence, and connections--rather than education, experience, intelligence, passion, or skill.

And we're shocked--shocked!--that things are so bad.

Yeah, this bugs the hell out of me.

I get not wanting to hire someone who's a slob. Slobs can change their behavior and clean themselves up. What I don't get is not hiring someone because they aren't a beauty queen or a hunk. Even if they dress nice, have good hygiene, brush their teeth, etc., some people just aren't physically attractive, and there's nothing they can do about it.