How'd You Find This Site?

Aylaa

Uncharacteristic is my character
Registered
Reaction score
welcome. good search for info concerning writing tips.

knockthewblock

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all!

This is a good topic to have here.

I've hardly been here a day and I'm already finding it a quite a friendly and helpful place! I just know I'll be spending much more time here!

A friend recommended this site to me, really big thanks due.

flarue

Dreaming of Waltzes & Fantasy Lands
Registered
Reaction score
To be honest, I can't even remember now. I was doing a search for something about writing or publishing and came across a topic listed here.

jyoung778

Registered
Reaction score
klj;slkjdf

I found this site while searching for places to post my writing. After looking through many other sites, this seemed to be the best.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, DNA_girl.

I remember your mum. Have fun. Plenty to see just by browsing.

Kindest.

Bufty

Hello,

I'm new to trying to publish things in general, more silly poetry than anything else. I was directed here by my mum, arrowqueen, who was a frequent poster here before her demise a few years ago, so I'd appreciate any suggestions for what to do next

kkwrites

Registered
Reaction score
I was referred by someone on twitter, who explained that it was a good place to get help on a query letter.

L. Grumbling

Registered
Reaction score
Uh, I had seen stuff from Uncle Jimbones on other sights and then saw him @ Smashwords. He seemed like a reasonable and like minded sort, also, he just happens to be a fellow Granitehead...so I followed him here.

vombatidae

Registered
Reaction score
Website
curiosity-abounds.blogspot.com
Google. I was trying to research people's experiences submitting to a particular journal and found a discussion on this forum. I'm brand new to the site but it looks like it has a board for anything I might think to discuss. I'm very impressed.

alpaca

Registered
Reaction score
I heard about it through twitter when the hashtag #YAsaves was trending. I think that was about two weeks ago?

Alma Matters

Registered
Reaction score
I stumbled across it after typing question after question into Google and just found the threads on here more helpful than a lot of stuff out there.

J.W.

Registered
Reaction score
I frequent (literary agent) Nathan Bransford's site http://blog.nathanbransford.com/. He often posts examples of great query letters from prospective clients. One of the examples was from Lisa Brackmann's, "Rock, Paper, Tiger" query. I contacted Lisa and asked her to review a query of mine. It was the first time I had ever written a query letter and she was super nice to me and recommended this site.

It's funny. When I look back at the original query I sent her, I'm horrified by what I wrote. I mean, it literally doesn't make sense!

StefMc

Handsome Excuse for a Human Being
Registered
Reaction score
A published acquaintance of mine suggested the site, which he insisted was instrumental in getting his book published. Specifically he mentioned beta readers, which was my main interest. Though after browsing around to find where I could my hands on some beta readers, I discovered quite a few other resources.

On top of that, I noticed that I already had the site bookmarked from two years ago when I queried for my first book. I used it to research reviews on literary agents.

L_Swann

Registered
Reaction score
I'm fairly active in the YA community on Twitter, and several authors will mention AW in passing. Usually during revising advice, where they suggest that all us newbies send our queries through the AW shredder before we send it out. :)

BKurious1

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for an erotica thesaurus, of all things. The search came back with one of the threads in the erotica section of AW. My curious nature made me dig deeper into the forums, I liked what I saw, and here I am. :)

QuillsWrath

Registered
Reaction score
I was reading a post about beta-readers on Write Anything now on wa.emergent-publishing.com, then I googled it and found writer's heaven.

Christyrose

Registered
Reaction score
By accident

I was looking for information regarding an agent and this site popped up. I am so grateful that I found this site as I have many questions and I am finding some great information.