Legendary Actor Paul Newman Passes Away

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
Paul Newman was a member of a rare breed: those who practice what they preach. A legacy of brillant films, a long-term and devoted husband, an entrepreneur of the highest order, all these are wonderful things for his family to hold to during this time. But having had a father and husband who didn't mince words, who never made an empty promise, and who lived his life with honor? That's a legacy we should all strive to leave behind. Rest in peace.

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
A man who achieved greatness in multiple fields. It's very sad to see him gone.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
A private, unassuming man. An actor's actor. A great human being and philanthropist. A passionate artist and a great father and husband. One of the last legends in our times, and truly a rare national treasure.

Godspeed, Blue Eyes.

Reaction score
This is the kind of life lived that makes it just so sad that at some point the sun will explode and destroy the earth and leave no record of such a man.

But maybe there's a higher power.

And maybe his wonderful life has been recorded for posterity.

One can hope.

R.I.P. Paul.

And I hope they don't change the popcorn recipe in your absence.

Love,
The Thrill

Elonna

I'm a dork
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elonna.com
My mother was a fan of Paul's from the time she was a young girl. The only Hollywood crush that really stuck with her all her life. I grew up on his movies, Sweet Bird of Youth being one of my favorites. I didn't know until late Saturday evening and called my mom immediatedly to make sure she was okay. He will be missed by many generations of fans. He was truly a hero and a role model, which is hard to find in Hollywood/celebritydom these days.

Last edited:

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
I read a story on him yesterday in Vanity Fair online, talking about many different facets of his life and career. I was especially touched by a story about one of his last visits to the Hole in the Wall Gang camp, which he founded for small children who have cancer or other serious ailments, so that they can have normal summer fun with medical staffs on hand and not be made to feel like outcasts. A little girl had wanted to speak to Newman, so he was brought over to her, and she said that she had always been made to feel different before, and people at school didn't talk to her because of her wheelchair. But here at the camp she was no different, and for the first time in her life, she said, "I have a friend." Apparently Newman wept. How could you not?

I mean, just having done that much on this earth would be honor enough for a lot of people. The fact that he was such a brilliant actor is secondary to the very good life he seems to have led.