Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Back from my walk! It was such a nice walk haha. A bit breezy out, but nice out. They don't lie when they say a brisk 10-15 minute walk does wonders for your mood. And I did get my contacts haha. My new glasses will hopefully be there tomorrow.

It's funny because my eyes are so messed up. One eye is near sighted, one eye is far sighted, yet both have become more near sighted. I also have worsening astigmatism in my left eye. o_O; My eye sight lol.

OMG Ally I'm the same way haha. I'm the pickiest eater ever. I'm such a texture person that half of the foods I like eating, I can't eat because I can't stand the texture! It omits whole food groups lmfao.

ETA: HR OMG HIII!!! :D *TACKLEHUG* How goes it?!

I dont eat fruits or veggies. Don't like condiments. (Have a mild phobia of mustard) Dont like lunch meat. Everything i like is usually really bad for me and extremely plain!

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
I love fruit, hate veggies. Can't eat seafood due to texture issues. Most meats have a texture I hate, so I only eat white meat chicken, and rarely pork or beef. I'm not a big fan of pasta. I hate tomatoes with a passion or any tomato based product.

The foods I like and dislike have no actual pattern to them. It's just completely random haha.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
You have a phobia of mustard? Please tell me there's a hilarious story there.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
It sucks to be a picky eater! I hate going out to eat, because i usually have to ask for a long list of WHAT NOT to put on my food.

I don't like seafood either for he texture, same for lamb and ham.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
You have a phobia of mustard? Please tell me there's a hilarious story there.

Sadly i wish there was... but there not. I just really really really hate the smell of it. And once i got it on my hands making my mom a sandwich and the freaking smell haunted me the whole day even after like scrubbing my skin raw...

I don't know why i just get really grossed and freaked out around mustard.

But want to know a funny story as to why my mom has a phobia of Milk? When she was 5 she was sitting on the living room floor with a glass of milk, my grandmother had a glass of beer on the table too. So enthralled by whatever show they were watching my grandmother poured the rest of her can out into the cup without looking.... it was the wrong cup! And my mom drank milky beer. Ever since then she CAN'T drink milk.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Para, I have a slight phobia of ketchup, red mountain dew, and curly fries. It's a gross, yet funny story involving carnival rides that spin in circles. :p It's become a joke in my family. But now neither my sister or I can't deal with red mountain dew or curly fries. She can still eat ketchup though lol.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Picky eater here too! It's a pain because people keep acting like it's MY fault. I've tried strange food, and it's...just...I don't like it >.<

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but it has to be said: Lea Michele is gorgeous. <3

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Picky eater here too! It's a pain because people keep acting like it's MY fault. I've tried strange food, and it's...just...I don't like it >.<

I KNOW!!!

I hate when friends find out and are like "Oh that just an excuse for you dont like to try new things"

No, i've tried and don't freaking like them. Trust me i wish i did, that way life would be alot freaking easier, but i don't blame by tastebuds or something but i cant help it.

In highschool my friend refused to believe this and called me "closed minded" because i was a picky eater. So every day for a year at lunch they brought in some strange food and made me try some thinking that they were magically going to open my mind up to the new possibilities of food. Low and behold what the hell did they find out? I'm a freaking picky eater!

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
OMG You two nailed it. And I actually do like some strange food (I had cow heart once and it was freaking delicious), but I just simply don't like most foods!

I don't mind trying new foods, but giving me a food with a wrong texture leads to disastrous results that involve lots of projectile vomiting.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
That actually happened me the other day sort of.

Me and my friend were eating. I'm on a diet/really just have had no appetite for the last few weeks. Anyway I'm eatting a tv dinner of honey roasted turkey and gravy with mashed potatoes. (potatoes and corn are the only veggies i eat) It also came with a side of mixed carrots and broccoli.

My friend keep pestering me to eat the carrots and broccoli, saying that "Maybe now you like it" So to stop the pestering i ate one carrot. (really i just swallowed it whole) but she insisted that didn't count, so i ate one forkfull... Couldnt eat the rest of my meal, and drank two cans of soda and that horrible disgusting taste and the feeling of the texture was still in my mouth for the rest of the day. I was sick that night, and i tried to eat a bagel the next morning and even got sick after that!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
GRRR WHY DO PEOPLE TELL YOU TO DO STUFF BY A DEADLINE, BUT NOT HOW TO DO IT!!!

Sign up to have your poster printed by Friday. Ok... but where and how the hell do i do that!!!???

School is just aggravating!

iherzi

Registered
Reaction score
Have any of you heard/read Angelfall by Susan Ee? If you haven't definitely check it out. It's self-published but it is easily one of the best YA books I've read in a long time. It was soooo good.

You can actually read the first five chapters on her website. And the ebook is only 1.99

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I find picky eaters very frustrating, living with one. I mean, there's plenty of food I don't like, but... it's food, dammit! You only taste it for a second :tongue

iherzi

Registered
Reaction score
http://susanee.com/angels/angelfall-free-chapter.html

here's the link to the first five chapters. i'm really surprised that this didn't get picked up by an agent/editor... maybe it's because the whole angel thing never took off? I found this one really different though. and yeah the cover is lovely.

i just finished reading it and i couldn't put it down. decided i had to rec it to someone.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah its much much longer then a second, and can make a picky eater sick. Why suffer though eating?

And ZOOM THAT WAS ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Well, and when it's a food you don't like, it's REALLY hard to swallow, so you end up chewing and chewing and chewing and chewing and chewing and chewing and...

goddessofthehunt

Queen of inane tangents.
Registered
Reaction score
Another picky eater here. I go through cycles what stuff I like and don't like. I have a strange love/hate relationship with beef. And some chicken nuggets make me feel sick even though I like chicken...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Zoom, Oh god i do that with Salads... they made me sick just to look at. Its horrible.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Another picky eater here. I go through cycles what stuff I like and don't like. I have a strange love/hate relationship with beef. And some chicken nuggets make me feel sick even though I like chicken...

I have that love hate relationship with pepperoni. Never liked it, then my ex's sister-in-law used to make these pizza rolls that had pepperoni in them and they were awesome, but then I stopped liking it again.