Ever have a "crush" on a fictional character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely! Mr. Darcy was probably my first. That I can remember. There have been so many others, I can't really think of specific names. Just a general feeling of..."I want to be loved like that."

I also have a lot of, "OMG, this guy is just like my husband."

Which does not necessarily equal a crush. LOL

P-Jay

My name is PJ.
Registered
Reaction score
In saying that however, it is interesting that the OP is a guy, because it highlights how women and men perceive differently.

I'm beginning to think that another part of why I'm finding this so peculiar (aside from the fact that I'm crushing on a fictional character) is that Katniss is the complete opposite, of girls I'm usually attracted to. Even in the movie, they really played down Jen Lawrence's aesthetics. Call me shallow, but in real life, I'd take the designer jeans and lingerie model-like body any day.

davidh219

Walking Anachronism
Registered
Reaction score
Death from Neil Gaiman's Sandman series. So. Effing. Cute. And sweet. And the best thing to see when you die, for sure.

Also Harry's apprentice, Molly, from The Dresden Files. If I was Harry there's no way I could have resisted her advances. Guess that's why Harry's the hero of the story and I'm the dude reading books on an old, beat-up couch.

Buffysquirrel

Registered
Reaction score
When I saw the thread title, I thought, what rot! Of course I haven't. How ridiculous.

Umm. Edmund from King Lear.

*laughs at self*

Sonsofthepharaohs

Still writing the ancient Egyptian tetralogy
Registered
Reaction score
I'm another "oh goodness yes", haha. I also get crushes on real people from history too... kind of in love with George Mallory, for one. ;)

Alkibiades.

Leonidas (doesn't hurt that he was played by Gerard Butler either)

Are we sensing a pattern yet? (see my avatar/status, lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonsofthepharaohs

Still writing the ancient Egyptian tetralogy
Registered
Reaction score
When I saw the thread title, I thought, what rot! Of course I haven't. How ridiculous.

Umm. Edmund from King Lear.

*laughs at self*

tee hee, you're just like all the rest of us after all :tongue

I totally get what you mean about Edmund - everyone loves a bastard ;)

I can't believe I haven't mentioned Tanus from Wilbur Smith's River God. I fell hard for him the moment he leapt onto the page...

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Asuka is my waifu.

ETA: And calling it "a crush" does not do justice to our love.

Last edited:

Melanie Dawn

Gypsy, wasted from the hips down.
Registered
Reaction score
Once, and actually this might sound kinda weird. As it's on the MC of my novel... she just doesn't take stuff from anyone... she's covered in tattoos, drinks, smokes pot, has the mouth of a sailor, and doesn't give two craps what people think of her...most of the time... she lives life it's gonna end tomorrow...I WISH I had half of her courage.

Flicka

Dull Old Person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.theragsoftime.com
I too get crushes on fictional characters all the time. I've had a crush on Lord Peter Wimsey since I was about 9!

I'm another "oh goodness yes", haha. I also get crushes on real people from history too... kind of in love with George Mallory, for one. ;)

And this. I have a loooong list of historical crushes. :)

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I have a long, long history of this sort of behaviour.

Prince Blackpool
Turlough
Snape
Loki

I also apparently have a type, and that type is villain.

Thank goodness I don't go for bad boys in real life. I hear they're terribly high maintenance. :)

flapperphilosopher

Registered
Reaction score
Website
annakrentz.blogspot.ca
Watching the movie of Les Mis today reminded me I'm in love with Enjolras (the leader of the student revolutionaries). From the book, but since in the movie he's played by an actor I'm already in love with, well.... ;)

DanielaTorre

Registered
Reaction score
Um. Glorfindel in the Fellowship of the Ring. *hides*

K.L. Bennett

A floopy flolloper
Registered
Reaction score
I'm promiscuous in my crushing on fictional characters, but in the end I think that Col. Brandon, Mr. Darcy, Mr. Knightley and Capt. Wentworth must win out. Hmm, seems to be a pattern there. Mr. Tilney? Meh. But Mary Crawford is crushworthy.

:D

Mmmm, Mr. Knightly.... He was probably one of my firsts. :) I also had a little thing for Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables. And Aragorn, long before Vito whatshisface gave him a face.

My mom loved Frasier when I was growing up, and I remember developing a crush on Niles at young age. I still kind of have a thing for David Hyde Pierce.

Now I'm totally crushing on Charlie Kelley from It's Always Sunny. I don't get that one at all...neither does my husband. :D

Fun thread!

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I have a secret crush on Ron Weasley. I think he's amazing, he's smart in a dim sort of way. He's not afraid to express his fears - especially of spiders 'Spiders, why couldnt it be follow the butterflies?' . I just love him. In both the books and the movies.

In adult fiction my one true love is Wrath Wrath from JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I think it's the tall, dark and handsome thing, mixed with a bit of bad boy and deadly as hell. But what makes him even more lovable is that he's a king, but he's blind with a big yellow guide dog called George.

I'm a little bit in love with Mikhale from the Carpathian's series by Christine Feehan.

But I'll always come back to Wrath. He's my Numero Uno.

Status
Not open for further replies.