Last Movie You Watched...

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Why does that sound so adorable, popping in Poppins when you're sick? Poor Ray.

You know, it's a holiday week on Spike TV, which means a Bond marathon! I find that's a great mindless menu for bedridden viewing. Except that somehow, when I get sick, I get days with repeat plays of Never Say Never Again and Octopussy. Yesterday, of course, when I felt fine and had no time, it was Goldfinger. Damn that Spike TV...

We watched Knocked Up last night. I generally liked it, because it was funny often enough, but I had a hard time feeling for any of the four lead characters because they were such stereotypes.

Last edited:

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
The Darjeeling Limited.

If you like Wes Anderson . . . which I do . . . then . . .

I dunno, I know the movies are all quite similar, but I always find them really affecting.

Really enjoyable, and lovely short film that opens it.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Wes Anderson, to me, is hit or miss. Owen Wilson can be endearing or annoying (especially paired with Ben Stiller). So I'm still sitting on the fence on that one. India, however, looks amazing in the trailers.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Well I am a big fan of Rushmore, and The Royal Tennenbaums just hit a chord with me (I know I know, not everyone is a fan). The Life Aquatic I enjoyed, but have no desire to own it. Darjeeling was definitely better than Aquatic. I'll have to see it again. My one problem was that Jason Schwartzman looked SO seedy. But Adrian Brody (whom I adore) was really very good. (apologies for any and all names that may be misspelled . . . I'm too tired right now to look them up)

And yes, India is gorgeous in this movie, kind of its own character.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
A Civil Action with John Travolta & Robert Duvall. My dad had a movie channel on, what can I say.

I am interested in seeing the Darjeeling flick, so I'll have to check that out while I'm in town.

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Hoodwinked. For about the 12-millionth time.

Had I just watched it for the first time, I would say it's a cutesy kids movie that adults can enjoy if they don't think about it too much. But, since I've seen it 12-million times, I just. want. it. to. stop.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I saw Bee Movie. It was cute. Not as cute as Ratatouille though.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Margot at the Wedding.

Interesting portrait of dysfunctional family dynamics. Nicole Kidman was excellent. But I liked Squid and the Whale better.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Serenity
I don't know why they stopped making the series Firefly, which preceded the film. I thought both were very good. I might even buy the DVD.

Maggie

The episodes were expensive to make, and the viewer numbers didn't live up to expectations the first time round (not even when they showed the episodes out of order!), while reality shows like Who Wants to Marry a Horse cost a fraction as much and rake in the viewers.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
The Cave.

Great bass.

As to the story?

***possible SPOILER ALERT***

the monsters reminded me of a blatant Alien ripoff. And I guess if you saw The Descent, then you saw this. Heck, if you saw any sort of suspenseful monster movie, you've seen this.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
The Host. Wished I had caught it in the theaters. Totally kick-ass.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Enchanted -- really cute movie for the family. And I can't get these songs out of my head. Very catchy. Man, Alan Menkin is good.

Tomorrow I'm going to see The Mist.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Funny Games. I'd heard about it on a podcast from Simply Synidcated. It's in German, but it was pretty good. I ended up fast-forwarding some of it.

I'll have to take a look. The Piano Teacher (also Haneke) was fantastic. But not for all viewers. Very difficult to watch. OK, maybe not even for 1% of all viewers. Made my top ten that year, but it's an unflinching, unpleasant portrait of a neurotic masochist.

suzi

Registered
Reaction score
No Country for Old Men - very dark, but well done in all aspects -you may rethink South Texas on your must see list.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Mean Girls.

It was on TV when we got back from Thanksgiving celebrations. Channel-surfed onto it and it stuck.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
A Night at the Museum !!!!!!!! I felt like a child watching this, in the best sense possible. One of the most purely fun movie experiences I've had in eons.

:)

MargueriteMing

Registered
Reaction score
Saw Stardust at the theatre yesterday afternoon and liked it quite a lot. It has elements of The Princess Bride - what with being about True Love and all and having a fine quirky cast. Robert De Niro's character (inspired I'm sure by Dread Pirate Roberts in TPB) is worth the price of admission.

OMG yes, he stole the whole movie!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Watched it on Thanksgiving.