How long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

black ink

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted some children's poetry (Babybug/Carus) 6 1/2 months ago. According to their website, I should have a response in 6 months. When is an appropriate time to contact them again? Should I give it another month? And when I do contact them again, should it be by mail? I don't have an email address, and I'm not sure that tracking down any old one would do me any good.

Any thoughts on this completely newbie question? Thanks :)

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
It's been my experience with Carus that they take a long time. They send the submissions to outside readers, and things tend to get lost that way. If I were you, I'd wait another month, and if you haven't heard back, just re-submit. It's in their guidelines to re-submit, since they don't have a good system in place to track submissions.

I hope you hear some good news soon!

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
^^:roll:^^

Now, back to the real question: Yep, as Frank said, you really should have an email address. They're free at Yahoo, Hotmail, or gmail. But from what I remember about the Carus publications, they don't accept emails from any one not pubbed with them. Wait about another month. They do take a long time to respond. I think I once waited eight months.

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
And when I do contact them again, should it be by mail? I don't have an email address, and I'm not sure that tracking down any old one would do me any good.

I could be mistaken, but I believe the OP is saying that he/she doesn't have an e-mail addy for the editor. :)

black ink

Registered
Reaction score
I could be mistaken, but I believe the OP is saying that he/she doesn't have an e-mail addy for the editor. :)

You are correct! I probably have five of my own, lol! But sorry for not being more clear.

Anyway, thank you all for the advice. I appreciate it. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.