Person of Interest.

DarkSongofErrin

Registered
Reaction score
I fall more in love with this show every week. Seriously. Hubby gives me the side eye whenever it's on. I love all the characters. Even Bear is awesome. For a show that has the same premise week after week it still keeps me on the edge of my seat. I almost fear they can't keep it this good for another season.

Off-topic: I walk by that diner where Reese & Carter meet up a couple of times a week. Unfortunately they film in the early morning so I never see anyone :(

Off-off topic: They film the Good Wife in the same neighborhood.

That would be cool even just walking by the diner they film in! Probably a common thing to happen for you guys in America though I guess.

oakes

Registered
Reaction score
Joss was revealed as Carter's first name in "Get Carter" (Season 1, Episode 9). After Carter had been shot, Reese called her Joss and told her that she was not alone. Also, Carter identified herself as Joss Carter when she called her friend in the military tor request Reese's file in "Mary Happy Returns" (Season 1, Episode 21).

I keep my hopes up for a Carter/Reese relationship. I don't hold my breath because it goes against all the TV tropes. It would not only be interracial, but (more TV-importantly) it would be between a magazine-slick "beautiful person" and a nice-looking but more ordinary-looking person. As far as I can tell in TV-land and in movieland, it's very much relegated to dating within your own "looks" category.* If I were less naïve, I'd admit that's actually somewhat true to life. ;)

Carter could look magazine slick beautiful because Taraji P. Henson is very sexy, but the executive producers intentionally downplay her looks on "Person of Interest" because they think that she needs to look like a realistic NYC cop. Taraji naturally exudes a very sensual vibe,which probably does not fit the Carter character.

33l35p4.jpg
35cpxc7.jpg

As such, they give her bulky and unflattering clothing to disguise her figure, apply very little / bland makeup, and don't really style Carter's hair.

Notice how the October 2012 TV GUIDE cover styled her to show off her curves?

2vj6ivo.jpg

In terms of looks, Carter's in the same league as Zoe and Jessica. If Carter wore the same clothing that Zoe wears on the show, eyes would be popping out because Taraji / Carter is very well-endowed.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...Carter could look magazine slick beautiful because Taraji P. Henson is very sexy, but the executive producers intentionally downplay her looks on "Person of Interest" because they think that she needs to look like a realistic NYC cop.

Yes, I agree, and this is just another thing that I appreciate about the producers and writers of POI. ;)

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I see your point! Consider my comments apply only to the "downplayed" version :D.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not Fair...

Ok, everyone in last night's episode got a "love interest" except for John. :Shrug:

Anyone else thinks it's interesting/ironic that we just had a discussion about possible "chemistry" between John and Carter, and the very next episode, all of the main characters are either involved or about to get romantically involved?

As far as the double-homicide attempts, I really didn't care what happened to that couple. :D

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I feel like they are starting to drag the story elements out a bit. Two episodes and all we get is Reese liked the woman. No doubt something tragic happened but clearly we are going to have to wait and wait and wait to find out what.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hear ya, but I don't mind waiting. :)

playground

Registered
Reaction score
The episode was alright. Not as good as the last one but still good. JJ Abrams sure likes bringing back people from the island.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ok,

Last night's episode was good - not great, but good. I like they guy who played the cabbie - He's usually a cop or a detective in most things I've seen him in.

Was hoping the writers would reveal a bit more about Finch's "love interest" this week, but no such luck.

Looks like Lionel is in trouble (again)...

Next week's preview hinted at John being surrounded by the "bad guys" with no way out - My money is on him, however. ;)

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I liked the scene in the pool hall. But if the dog got shot I would probably never watch the show again! (I guess they knew that). Funny how that works. Plenty of people have been shot and it only made me a tad uncomfortable with how easily it was explained away (oh yes, they deserved it, etc).

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I thought this episode was better than the last. See I'm fine with Lionel constantly in trouble. I feel like in real life that is exactly how it works, once you get in bed with the bad guys they own you: forever.

I am interested in next week. I want another Elias sighting, he is always phenomenal and it was great he turned on HR. I kind of think John won't make it out. I think he will be caught. The writers of this show don't come across as people that will do these "big" type of episodes (where someone is against literally WAY too much) and get out fine. I also think after this one it will probably be their winter break.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Did I ever mention "Gimme Shelter" is my favorite rock song of all time? ;)

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
DANG!

This episode had me on the edge of my seat the whole hour.

Loved it!

Oh and I actually laughed-out-loud when at the end...

SPOILER:

All of the guys were wearing suits :D

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I'm SO happy I was right and John was caught. The writers didn't disappoint and make a ridiculous, epic, escape. This was a phenomenal episode. It's interesting to see John changing a bit, instead of just doing it because it is right, it looks like he's really going to start deciding if he should help someone because he FEELS it is right to do. I hope they continue this to the point where he screws up with his feelings and does something bad.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OK,

I love this show so much, I watched the re-run last night.
icon11.gif

All-new episode next week - Yay! :snoopy:

Enzo

Registered
Reaction score
Too bad I can't watch the show where I am.
Believe it or not, I first got into it on a long flight from Asia to Europe. I watched about 2 episodes on the way in, and 3 more on the way back. And some Alcatraz as well.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Another great episode last night (01/03/13)...

Did anyone else guess that the "hacker who got away" was Finch? ;)

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
Yeah, I kind of saw that one coming :D. Has any episode ever explained how he got the broken neck and the limp? The first season I thought it was somehow going to tie in with the 9/11 attacks--maybe he'd been injured in one of the tower collapses--but so far it hasn't.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think he has the limp or back problem when they flashback 4 years ago, so doubt it has anything to do with 9/11. ETA: I've always suspected it happened when his partner got killed.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...Has any episode ever explained how he got the broken neck and the limp?

Not yet, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the reason he had to leave his former girlfriend in order to protect her? :Shrug:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
What I don't get is that Finch said he had a contingency plan to get Reese out. So what was that plan? All we saw was Carter's plan.

sharpyetblunt

Registered
Reaction score
I find some of the storytelling a bit too heavy handed, like the last scene where Finch hints at being the hacker. I guess this is standard for network TV though. Overall its been a decent season though.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Phenomenal episode. That could have easily passed as a season finale.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Phenomenal episode. That could have easily passed as a season finale.

I totally agree. ;)

*Wonders why previews from next week were not shown?*

I didn't get the Fusco and the Supermodel angle - Did I miss something?

Sidebar:
Has anyone else noticed that the FBI guy (that was shot in the end last night) is in the GEICO commercial that features Eddie Money? :D