Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub for Newbies, Dragons, Saints & Sinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nox the Many

The prose is dark & full of errors
Registered
Reaction score
Insta-block. People with offensive viewpoints? Ain't got time fo dat.

Jvc, what kind of help you looking for? I am not caught up on blog posts, but with a little more info, I might be able to help.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
It's a story (so far 700 words) about what I've written on my blog this week. Which is based on the children's song 'There was an old woman who swallowed a fly'. However, the story is so not for children. It contains very strong language. Just wondering if I've taken it too far? If it is humorous at all. Should I post it my blog?

Nox the Many

Registered
Reaction score
PM it? I skimmed your blog offerings for this week. I can give an opinion?

Someone tell me what this stupid robot/garden of eden allegory wants from me so i can go to sleep

Serani

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.grace-duncan.com
What are you guys reading? I'm reading Flowers for Algernon.

I've been re-reading some of my YA series. I went through HP again and then the Percy Jackson series. Next is the Ranger's Apprentice series. I find that if I read in my own genre when I'm writing in it, it influences my own writing a bit too much. Or, well, that's the fear, anyway. I can read YA, though and not have it seem to faze me.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
I know what you mean, Serani. I should read loads of Jeffrey Deaver for my WIP. I need to tighten up the plot a bit and he's awesome. Him or Ruth Rendell/Barbara Vine. My two favourite authors! What a nightmare. :tongue

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
Susie... lots o love to you dear one. lots o love and thank you very very much for the cakes... i loves thems.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Jagster, welcome to the Pub! and to AW.

Spiral, tsk. :D

Serani, you're getting the drift right fast. Faster than I did, that's for sure!

Anyone care for a libation? :e2drunk: I have had THE weirdest day. I hope tomorrow is a bit saner.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think Jed is still involved in eating flies or something.

Or dragonning somewhere.

Oh, Jagster, I suppose I should mention, there is a bit of a taboo here to do with orange juice and spiders.

Other than that, it's just a Pub. With an endless supply of Baileys and anything else, except bacon because we stole all that last night for the Office Party. :D

Serani, what would you like to drink? I'm sure there's some here somewhere.

This little smiley here, :e2drunk: , I always feel like the little one on the right. Especially today. Lying on the floor with my eyes rolling around in my head pretty much sums up my response to the various slings and arrows. Dang.

:D

Serani

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.grace-duncan.com
I think Jed is still involved in eating flies or something.

Or dragonning somewhere.

Serani, what would you like to drink? I'm sure there's some here somewhere.

This little smiley here, :e2drunk: , I always feel like the little one on the right. Especially today. Lying on the floor with my eyes rolling around in my head pretty much sums up my response to the various slings and arrows. Dang.

Hmmm. Got any Jameson's? Or perhaps a bottle of Writer's Tears?

Or, well, I'll just grab another bottle of Bailey's and work on it. *nods* I probably shouldn't (I'm *STILL* working on that damned galley) but, you know...

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm. Got any Jameson's? Or perhaps a bottle of Writer's Tears?

Or, well, I'll just grab another bottle of Bailey's and work on it. *nods* I probably shouldn't (I'm *STILL* working on that damned galley) but, you know...

*dusts off various bottles behind the bar*

Here ya go, both Jameson's AND Writer's Tears! Have some of each if you like. Along with the Baileys, of course. :D

I am going to have to take myself off now, I'm dangerous when I get this tired.

The bar's open though.......

Serani

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.grace-duncan.com
Well, I've GOT to get this galley finished. It's 11:47 here and it's due tomorrow.

*grabs the Writer's Tears and heads off*

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Susie... lots o love to you dear one. lots o love and thank you very very much for the cakes... i loves thems.

aww, that's so nice of you Rock 'n back atcha. So glad you lurve them and here's more for you 'n all :Cake:s :Cake:s :Cake:s :Cake:s :D I'll be glad to prelick any if you want. :)

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Jagster. You're safe today. Dragons only eat bacon on Wednesdays. :D

Gawd, I am in a weird mood today. I'm off to find something to do that doesn't involve communicating with people. Nobody would enjoy it.

Nekko

Back to purring
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gericopitch.com
Oh my goodness, Nekko, Flowers For Algernon is amazing!

/totally hijacking question you sent to someone else.

/sorry, love

/not really sorry; everyone has an opinion, but mine is always right

*snuzzles* for everyone
I'm assigning high value to your opinion. Don't really think it was a hijack...

*sigh* Why do some men make sexist jokes then wonder why feminists won't reply to them on dating sites. Weird. My profile doesn't specifically say I'm a feminist, but I thought the NO MYSOGYNISTS! thing covered it. Maybe they don't know they're mysogynists.
I think it's more they don't know what the word misogynist means. That itself means they're not for you.

So, are there any rules for posting in this thread that I should know about? Like, whatever you do, don't press that shiny, red button?
Rule, HA! we laugh in the face of rules (other than the orange juice thing)

Morning folks and folkettes!

Morning Ona! :hooray:

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
I've worked out that lack of nicotine is my main problem. Know what the definition of torture is? Having a load of cash showing in your bank account but not being able to withdraw any of it. :D

Still, potatoes and cheese for dinner, and 24 and my jigsaw. Life isn't all bad.

Nox the Many

Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, my loves!

*swans in distributing hugs*

This book is by turns the most intense and most ill-advised thing I have ever worked on. I love it. The outline is done(ish) and now I get to start writing.

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
aww, that's so nice of you Rock 'n back atcha. So glad you lurve them and here's more for you 'n all :Cake:s :Cake:s :Cake:s :Cake:s :D I'll be glad to prelick any if you want. :)

Dearest you know me so very well .. lick away

Wait...Writer's Tears? No one told me...oh yeah...Rocky collected those from me last time I whined in here. Enjoy and carry on.

i cannot confirm or reject the above statement it would require that i have a memory...

I'm assigning high value to your opinion. Don't really think it was a hijack...

why thank you (not that i am hijacking your ideas..)

I've worked out that lack of nicotine is my main problem. Know what the definition of torture is? Having a load of cash showing in your bank account but not being able to withdraw any of it. :D

Still, potatoes and cheese for dinner, and 24 and my jigsaw. Life isn't all bad.

Fran i remember when i quit smoking. i went from 3 packs a day to 0. was the worst 30 days of my life. now 14 years later i do not miss them at all.

Oh yea Hi to all the new peoples.... have a great day

Status
Not open for further replies.