Registered
Reaction score
Both taste like chicken, I hear.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I say something similar to my son: Want some fries with that ketchup?

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea Unseen, but that reminded me of the "Buddy Christ" in the movie Dogma, and now I know what I'm going to be doing tonight :)

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning and afternoon, pub peeps! *Sets a tray of chocolate chip muffins on the bar*

Unseen, I don't think they'd be a runaway hit unless you sold them in Rome. Now smurf bobbleheads, on the other hand.....

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Yum, muffins. Thanks swachski!

I am desperately trying to dive into the second half of my book today. The problem is, I'm seriously stuck. I know basically what needs to happen, and I know the end, but I can't quite figure out where to go from the point I'm at right now. Anyone have any magic thinking juice?

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do what I do when I'm painting: turn it upside-down to get a different viewpoint of it. :D

Okay, not literally, but you could imagine your characters doing something totally outrageous or unrealistic. You wouldn't use that idea, of course, but it may help to jump start other ideas.

If that doesn't work, try Baileys. :D

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips!

*turns notebook upside down, eyes Baileys in fridge* :D

But seriously, I think I might do that, just start writing something completely unconnected and see where it takes me.

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips!

*turns notebook upside down, eyes Baileys in fridge* :D

But seriously, I think I might do that, just start writing something completely unconnected and see where it takes me.

Whenever I'm stuck or lacking inspiration I think about something else entirely. Sooner or later I'll figure things out - usually in a bathtub filled with bubbles. That's where I have my most important epiphanies. :D

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Whenever I'm stuck or lacking inspiration I think about something else entirely. Sooner or later I'll figure things out - usually in a bathtub filled with bubbles. That's where I have my most important epiphanies. :D

That was my other idea too, that if by the end of today I'm still stuck, then I'll use the reat of the week to work on polishing a few short stories.

It's still too hot here to have a bath :)

Like forming an all naked female Rugby team?

Hmmm...since I write MG, I think I'll have to come up with something a little more appropriate!! ;)

kayelleallen

Creator of Warriors Who Purr
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kayelleallen.com
Popping in to see what the pub is like. Don't worry - the Super Sekret Stash is safe with me. I prefer a diet cola. No, I'm not a tee-totaller; I just don't drink much. Never have liked regular cola, but do like the diet variety.

Someone slide the chips down this way, please? Yo! Anybody? *grabs flying bowl of chips* Uh... thank you. *brushes at crumbs* Dude, you have an awesome arm. Do you play football? =^_^=

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the pub, kayelleallen! :welcome: Here's a diet coke.

*Slides a tall glass down the bar. Sweeps chips off floor.*

I keep telling that football dude not to throw stuff. :rant:

kayelleallen

Creator of Warriors Who Purr
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kayelleallen.com
I keep telling that football dude not to throw stuff. :rant:

Awesome. Thanks for the drink. Next time I'll just go sit by the chips instead. He looks like he could seriously do some damage with a hard object. o_O If he's a regular then he can't be all bad. Oh, wait. I just remembered the name of the pub. Forget I said that!

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
Popping in to see what the pub is like. Don't worry - the Super Sekret Stash is safe with me. I prefer a diet cola. No, I'm not a tee-totaller; I just don't drink much. Never have liked regular cola, but do like the diet variety.

Someone slide the chips down this way, please? Yo! Anybody? *grabs flying bowl of chips* Uh... thank you. *brushes at crumbs* Dude, you have an awesome arm. Do you play football? =^_^=

Welcome to the pub! :hi: Don't mind that guy, he just had one too many.
You can keep the chips, I'll have a muffin instead. If only I'd find some milk to go with it...
*slides behind the bar searching for the milk*

Status
Not open for further replies.