Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Komnena, I make a find home-made pizza crust. Not as pretty as The Kid's (she's the master baker around here), but might good. Alas, I use sauce from a jar. Sacrilege! But tasty sacrilege, so we'll stick a candle in it and sing Happy Birthday when the times comes, okay?

Maryn, whose brother always had a birthday pie as a child

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm keeping it kind of on the down-low because I don't want to meet up with anybody. (So awkward with Mr. Maryn in tow.) We'll be in Massachusetts, first Boston, then Cape Cod, then back to Boston. We'll have The Kid with us for the first half, then overlapping her time, Kid Two and The Girlfriend. Both have raised the possibility of leaving earlier than they could to give us time alone, but hey, we've already got that 360 nights a year. We told them they could be with us the whole time if they wanted. We like them.

Maryn, her voice low

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have any kids of my own, so I don't speak from experience, but I believe that liking your children does make for a better time of it for everyone involved. :)

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
well speaking as a grown child - i know that I am glad I like my parents, even if I complain sometimes about my mom, it's because we're alike.

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Nice place, Boston. My favorite part of it is the Navy Yard where there's a Fletcher class destroyer of World WAr II.
The pizza sounds great, Maryn!

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mornin' HOLers. Great excitement here yesterday--water spouts off Carolina Beach actually came onto land. They didn't do much damage, but the excitement of a full-on tornado warning had the place buzzing. Fortunately it was all very localized.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why is it that when people play Xbox, they have to have the audio so loud it's bothering me at the other end of the house, on a different floor, with the door closed? Mr. Maryn is perfectly courteous about TV volume, but the Xbox is making me nuts.

I think I need to play music, which I don't usually do when he's home because our tastes don't align.

Maryn, annoyed

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry- Mr. Groove is curteous with the xbox - don't know what to say.

You could yell, "Hey turn that up, I don't think they can hear it in China!"

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I did finally hear a pause and yelled at him to turn it down. He got somewhat huffy.

Silly Mr. Maryn! He's lucky I love him, or I'd have to do him harm.

Maryn, not harmless

pandora1983

Jill of all trades,well,some trades
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetravelpaige.blogspot.com
Hey House
Sorry Ive been MIA for awhile...been a busy bee. So to recap..photobucket...I have one but I cant link you to it since Im on the kindle...but if youre curious about the kind of art Pandora does just google cpaigemcd My photobucket pageis the first result. Theres a bunch of photoshop art and some of my painting and charcoal work...I think theres some watercolor on there too. Ask Grr lol she saw it.

Kids parties...yeah..I do think its a little odd to invite the parents but I can see why the adults would like to party too.
Boston....liked it. Went there when I was working on the cruise ships. Saw the sights. walked the historical line. It was November though so I remember being very chilly.
It was odd having that twister the other day Fizz! I lived in KS a few years back so it didnt freak me out butit felt a bit weird. Like..wait..no Im in Nc not KS. Whats the tornado doing here? lol

Sass...when in march..my bday is the 22nd...

and I think Im all caught up.
Peace love and all the rest

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Funny, I asked a similar question when there was a hurricane outside my front door.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, all. We're up way too early for a Saturday, thanks to a new neighbor ringing our doorbell at 8:00 to ask us to move our car off the street so the moving truck could get through.

Also as of this morning, Mr. Grr has officially lost 100 pounds. I'm so proud of him. He worked so hard and did it it the right way. Just ate less and exercised more. He's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.