Ray's House of Love (Volume II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booker

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Hello House of Love and Ladies and Gentlemen

I love to play a game of chess with me wife; I pawn her stuff :) and she screams of indignation but in the end she usually wins.

I've also installed a game Chessmaster on my computer for people to see its icon which is placed on the comp desktop. People instantly think you can play it.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Because perception trumps reality, right?

Maryn, grinning

Booker

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I live in clouds Maryn and well, ain't we all writers

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
I will have another session with the chess board later this week and perhaps this weekend.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do be sure to let Keanu know.

Speaking of chess, anybody else a fan of "Searching for Bobby Fisher"? It's a mostly-ignored movie about a child chess prodigy, with a lot of excellent actors who were not terribly well known at the time but are now.

Maryn, who's ready to see it again

Booker

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I will have another session with the chess board later this week and perhaps this weekend.

if you're interested in the boards I'm the man I can provide useful sessions And I know all the moves

Booker

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score

Speaking of chess, anybody else a fan of "Searching for Bobby Fisher"? It's a mostly-ignored movie about a child chess prodigy, with a lot of excellent actors who were not terribly well known at the time but are now.

I haven't seen it but if you recommend....what's the story line

But I know that Garry Kasparov lost a chess game to an artificial intelligence namely Deep Blue

Booker

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Luv chatting with you ladies but my time is up for the reasons that need not concern us now

(my wife)

Slicklines

Registered
Reaction score
For a real chess movie, get on youtube and watch "How Chess was Meant to be Played." A ringing match between Kasparov and British champion Nigel Short. Not really appropriate for work, so view at yer own risk.

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score

I can't imagine that Keanu would really care.
I looked for the DVD of Bobby Fisher but it's out of my budget.

Russ Mars

Interesting little planet you've got here.
Registered
Reaction score
Maryn, I definitely remember the movie, and the boy/man and all the controversy surrounding his life and career. As a chess player, he was sort of my hero (but not really, 'cuz I've never had heroes) growing up. Good movie, too, but I recall it being quite well known and popular at the time it came out. Perhaps that's just my perception because it's something I was into.

But...you did see, didn't you, that you can view it online at Amazon for $2.99 or download to own from them for $9.99?

Oh, and it's 'Fischer', people, with a 'c', not 'Fisher.'

Russ, an anal purist.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Uh-oh. I'm usually pretty anal about spelling, but I never suspected it wasn't the plain fisher spelling. I'm so ashamed!

The basic concept is this boy of ten or eleven who's preternaturally good at chess, but lacks the bloodlust to win at any cost like Fisher Fischer and all the other greats did or do. It's based on a true story.

The price on Amazon is fully obscene, but WalMart has it streaming to PC, Mac, or TV for $2.99. Jot down the title for some evening or weekend when there's nothing in particular you want to see. You'll like it.

Maryn, shill

pandora1983

Jill of all trades,well,some trades
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetravelpaige.blogspot.com
10 days
240 hours
14,400 minutes
864,000 seconds
That's all I've got left to wait. Plus the 32 hours of travel time, lol.
What on earth will I bore you guys with when I'm finally home? I know, Russ and I can be nauseatingly sweet.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's weird, Russ. When I searched the title at Amazon, I got a copy that was $121 and change. Hence the "obscene" label.

Pandora, you will have to start having adventures right away! Maybe writing adventures? Or learning to get along with the cantankerous Russ?

Maryn, ducking

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's so weird having someone in the house all day every day. No wonder we let it fall into such disrepair. I'm really inhibited about doing anything.

But the bathtub is in place and the drywall is coming right along. I do like visible progress.

Maryn, rarely this excited about plumbing fixtures

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on the progress, Maryn!
I have done three pages today, one on the main story line and two on upcoming parts.

Booker

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Hello 'Ouse of Luv

Hey good people whatcha doing y'all?

Well done Komnena. What are you working on?

Maryn, you got the house full of tradesman all day long. I wonder if they use your toilet in the nice and acceptable manners. I hope they don't leave dirty stains afterwards. Some of tradesmen I dealt with had such a bad B.O. you wouldn't believe.

Hope you are lucky in that regards as well

I bought my wife a bouquet of roses for Mother's Day and kissed her . And she said there's still an old school chevalier in you.

I felt so warm in heart and concupiscent!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And today, kapow. Bathtub is standing on its end because its drain and the existing pipes from the old tub's drain are nearly two inches distant. Three steps forward, two steps back, I guess.

Oddly, the workmen don't seem to pee here. They have to go out for parts, tools, whatever several times a day and I presume they take care of business then. Which is fine by me.

Maryn, a patient woman

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the tub problems, Maryn.
Booker, what I'm working on is a chronicle of the lives of a royal family.

Booker

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen of House of Love

Needless to say all we need is love. I'm sending you all my love How's that for a towel boy.

sassandgroove, long time no see. You must have been busy. Three pages at Starbucks with a cup of coffee is always an enjoyable event.

A chronicle of the lives of a royal family?
I did some research for you Komnena There is no Monarchy in America. At least not that I know af any.

Hope everything's going well with the house renovations Maryn. Once it's all done we'll come to visit you. And we'll knock with our elbows !

Status
Not open for further replies.