Purgatory's Pit of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
PIT!!! My inbox is NOT empty and NOT an R! Got a partial request! Funny part, I complained to my co-writer about getting form Rs on our 13th version query and brandspanking new revised first chapter.

I don't want to get too excited, but THRILLED to see some movement again. Especially, since we've revised the heck out of this MS.

At the risk of hellhound poop -->:hooray:
Re...quest...? That word is unfamiliar here, as is that little jumping yellow thing... What is this, exuberance? I've never heard of it before :p.

Also, my fever finally broke at 104, I'm definitely on my way back to 100%!

Also also, f**k agents! I'll hire an editor and publish my book on the kindle myself. J.@. K0r@nth says it's the way of the future. *decisve nod* (this has nothing to do with the fact that I keep getting full and partial requests but no agents willing to sign.... what, stop looking at me like that.........)

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Re...quest...? That word is unfamiliar here, as is that little jumping yellow thing... What is this, exuberance? I've never heard of it before :p.

Also, my fever finally broke at 104, I'm definitely on my way back to 100%!

Also also, f**k agents! I'll hire an editor and publish my book on the kindle myself. J.@. K0r@nth says it's the way of the future. *decisve nod* (this has nothing to do with the fact that I keep getting full and partial requests but no agents willing to sign.... what, stop looking at me like that.........)

The Doom is strong in this one.

Emperor-Palpatine.jpg

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Scribe-welcome to the P.O.D.

Unlike Snappy, my inbox finally kicked away some crickets...with a pass on my query, natch.

It's barely disheartening at this point. It's more comical in that not-so-funny kind of way.

If an agent happens to read this: what is wrong with a 10-year-old girl who moves to another planet and solves a mystery? I mean, why is that SO awful? Is it because it won't sell? I'd really, really like to know.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent, Snappy!

Hello Scribe. Sorry to see you making your way down here.

(((Leigh))) (((Cricket)))

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
It's barely disheartening at this point. It's more comical in that not-so-funny kind of way.
You do sort of get to a point of "oh.... really...... *shrug* eh...." don't you.
If an agent happens to read this: what is wrong with a 10-year-old girl who moves to another planet and solves a mystery? I mean, why is that SO awful? Is it because it won't sell? I'd really, really like to know.
I'd read it:tongue

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, just read a great quote from S@ra Z@rr at SCWBI:

No matter what the quality of work you do, there will be a time when the marketplace does not want it.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
How's Sunday in the pit?

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
That quote's so true, Kellion.

Congrat Snappy! At the risk of getting poo slung at me, I'm glad to hear your news

Leigh getting close to feeling better is great news

{{Cricket}} :(

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
Cricket, I would so read that story. Nancy Drew Meets Lost in Space! Okay, maybe not. I've been fooling around with those *moviename* meets *moviename* tag lines.

I just realized that when I write I sit in this weird position and when I ponder something I'm writing I put my chin in my hand in this weird way. I figured it out because after all these weeks of trying to get some decent word count in I walk with a limp and I can't use my left hand thumb for anything. Well, at least I figured it out before I went to the hospital for expensive tests.

Oh, remember that expensive meal? I put up photos!

I'm glad Leigh is feeling better. I guess the fires down here will burn a fever out of you in no time.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that is some meal! Quite a bargain actually, based on those beautiful photos. I hope it was fun too...

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Rejection knows no calendar. I got seven Rs this weekend including a full.

January: just another month...

in The Pit

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
(((Vandal))) February is said to be the cruelest month but I think January is vying for the title. And today's the last day of the month!

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((Vandal)))

Thanks, pit. Like I said, not getting excited. Just glad for movement of any kind.

Another week...

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
{{{Vandal}}} That truly sucks. January is holding over from 2010, like Ink said, but we definitely have to be leary of February.

February is totally emo, having an inferiority complex as the shortest month plus Valentine's Day.

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
LOL Madder, I sit in odd positions, too, I'm always catching myself and reminding myself to 'SIT UP STRAIGHT!"
Beautiful pictures! The meal looked more like a work of art than food

{{{{{{{{{{{{Vandal}}}}}}}}}}}} O.U.C.H :(

Steve LOLOL!!!

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
I have always felt that, in truth, February is the longest month. Given that January has lasted about 60 days so far by my count, this February is going to be a doozy.

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
LKP Feb. is my brutal month, too. My province is the one with the least amount of days off, so after x-mas vacation, there are no civic holidays etc until freaking APRIL!!!!!!!!! So...yeah...that stretch pretty much sucks right from the get go...

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
Blergh.
Also in Pit news: did you guys read Kr1st1n N@ls@n's blog post on Thursday about how authors with offers are waiting six months or so for a signed contract? And then read all the comments from people who have been waiting even longer than that for special fun. Maybe publishing houses are understaffed. Or maybe they are being so slow because they can, and not all of these offers are going to be honoured.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Arggh, lkp!!! I didn't read it. That's crazy. If offers don't hold, wow... that undermines the industry. Even legal recourse is weak stuff -- what author would prefer a breach of contract settlement to a published book?

I do wonder if some of the slowness is about uncertainty of epublishing terms. A little footdragging to go with the under-staffedness.

Status
Not open for further replies.