• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Lyrical Press

HLWampler

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted an erotic romance piece this morning. By time I woke up (I work overnights) I was already in progress! Exciting.

Lyrical Press

Registered
Reaction score
Hiring

**Hiring**

Lyrical Press is actively seeking:

Copy Editors
After content/developmental edits, the Copy Editor will work with the Production Editor and Author to thoroughly review manuscripts for incorrect grammar, punctuation and spelling. The Copy Editor will also check for consistency and proper word usage.

All copy-edits are done electronically in Word’s track changes mode. All Kensington Copy-Editors reference The Chicago Manual of Style.

Proofreaders
After copy edits, the Proofreader will work with the Production Editor as the final defense for quality control.

The Proofreader provides the last editing pass, checking for formatting issues, typos and grammar, punctuation and spelling mistakes.

Please send your resume to Renee Rocco at [email protected].

S.C. Wynne

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sc-wynne.com
I noticed it looks like the M/M ebook offerings are quite small on the Lyrical website. Am I looking in the wrong area or does Lyrical not publish much M/M in general?

Haunted_October

Ready to kick the WIP's butt!
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to the Non_Romance line last week. I wasn't expecting to move from Received any time soon, but within two days I was "In-Progress". Color me delightfully surprised :)

Megan Morgan

I like the night life, baby.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.meganmorganauthor.com
Peeking in again now that I've worked with Lyrical for a bit--they contracted my entire urban fantasy series back in May. I can't sing their praises highly enough!

My editor (Helen Hardt) is the best editor I've ever worked with, hands down--she's taught me so much! Everyone at Lyrical is super responsive, helpful, knowledgeable, and they've kept me in the loop every step of the way. I just got my cover for the first book in the series on Friday and it's GORGEOUS. My entire experience with them has been smooth, efficient, and 100% professional. If you're looking for a rock-solid publisher to submit to, I highly recommend them!

WilRadcliffe

Registered
Reaction score
After having a very disappointing experience with Dailey Swan Publishing, I never thought I'd try a traditional publisher again. I've been self-publishing my young adult novels for the past few years.

But I feel my latest book, a dark fantasy novel, could benefit from a strong publishing house with good editors and a good marketing department. So I submitted to Lyrical through submittable.com

I was put into "In-Progress" rather quickly. If anything I'm hoping for some helpful feedback from a professional editor.

We'll see if venturing outside of my self-publishing shell was worth it or not.

amberhuez

It's a woman's world.
Registered
Reaction score
Had a full request from them recently so found this thread helpful. Thank you.

K.L Hallam

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karenleehallamwrites.blogspot.com
Four days later, today, I received an email saying
"Forwarded to Gary Goldstein". You can go here to view the submission:"

Is this what you are all talking about as far as in "In -Progress"? I'm new to Submittable, and not sure what the email update meant. Thanks. And good luck to those of you under consideration. :)

WilRadcliffe

Registered
Reaction score
Karen: That sounds like a very positive development. According the Kensington web site, Gary Goldstein is an executive editor responsible for "suspense, military and political thrillers, horror—supernatural and non-supernatural, comic fiction, and Westerns." So, it appears your submission has passed through the initial review editors and you're on to one of the decision makers! Good luck! :D

smbishop

Registered
Reaction score
Four days later, today, I received an email saying
"Forwarded to Gary Goldstein". You can go here to view the submission:"

Is this what you are all talking about as far as in "In -Progress"? I'm new to Submittable, and not sure what the email update meant. Thanks. And good luck to those of you under consideration. :)

Hi Karen. I got the same message. However, my status in Submittable went from "Received" to "Completed" immediately after receiving the email. Was your status "Completed" as well? Or "In-Progress"? Just wondering why it would say "Completed" when Gary Goldstein is still reviewing the manuscript. Thanks.

Renee Rocco

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

If you submit to Kensington/Lyrical via Submittable, but query a specific editor, the manuscript is archived in Submittable and sent to your targeted editor. They will contact you personally after they have reviewed your work.

Hope that answers your question!

smbishop

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

If you submit to Kensington/Lyrical via Submittable, but query a specific editor, the manuscript is archived in Submittable and sent to your targeted editor. They will contact you personally after they have reviewed your work.

Hope that answers your question!

Yes, that clarifies it for me. Thank you Renee.

Ookiewookie

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new to absolute write, so I hope I'm adding this message correctly.

I subbed a novel to Lyrical via submittable on January 29, 2015. On February 19, I was contacted by one of their editors and offered the chance to make some minor changes to my MS and resubmit. I never expected to be contacted so quickly. Other publishers have taken many months to respond. So, kudos to them for such a prompt turn around.

The editor was very helpful. Her suggestions really did make the MS better. I re-subbed on March 15. We'll see...

smbishop

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new to absolute write, so I hope I'm adding this message correctly.

I subbed a novel to Lyrical via submittable on January 29, 2015. On February 19, I was contacted by one of their editors and offered the chance to make some minor changes to my MS and resubmit. I never expected to be contacted so quickly. Other publishers have taken many months to respond. So, kudos to them for such a prompt turn around.

The editor was very helpful. Her suggestions really did make the MS better. I re-subbed on March 15. We'll see...

That's good news, Ookiewookie! Congratulations. My ms is also with Lyrical Press. I'm waiting to hear from them, too.

Hi Renee. I was wondering if you have an idea what Mr Goldstein's average response time is for a full ms. Thank you.

hsavage

Registered
Reaction score
Just submitted through Submittable! It's always so nerve wracking to hit that "send" button lol

H.R. Savage

Ookiewookie

Registered
Reaction score
Hello H.R. Savage,

Good luck with your submission. I ended up signing a 3-book deal with Lyrical in July, and the first book in my inspirational romance trilogy is due for release in October of 2016.

I agree, it's nerve wracking hitting the send button. I did my share of nail chewing, believe me.

Ookiewookie

hsavage

Registered
Reaction score
thanks OokieWookie!

Yeah it's been really hard because my novel is PNR. Not everyone is willing to take it on apparently. I always see a paranormal romance on the amazon bestseller list, so idk.

hsavage

Registered
Reaction score
Is Lyrical the only pub that the MS is subbed to right now?

No. And I actually got a rejection the next day :-( Boo. I have it subbed with Entangled, Carina, Diversion, Sourcebooks, Totally Bound, Samhain, to name just a few. I tried getting agents and it was the same "not looking for paranormal romance right now...." Or they are looking for PNR but not with shifters, which my book has, or vampires.

Ookiewookie

Registered
Reaction score
Well, it sounds like you've cast your net far and wide, so chances are you'll get a hit from someone. How about Wild Rose Press? I see they specifically mention shifters. Here's the link for their catalog of those types of books. http://www.wildrosepublishing.com/maincatalog_v151/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=242_177 There's a submission link on that page too. If I see any more places for you to sub, I'll post it on this thread.

Best of luck!

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Evernight Publishing could be another option for your paranormal romance. I have stuff with them and they have never done me wrong. Good luck!

black13

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lynneconnolly.com
I can thoroughly recommend Kensington Lyrical. I've published my Emperors of London historical romance series with them, and so far all three of the books released (and another one this week, yay!) have hit the best selling lists at Amazon. Another endorsement for Helen, who is a super editor!
Lyrical are professional, support their authors and help them promo, have a savvy release strategy, and pay on time. The covers are gorgeous, too.