Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning.

You would be amazed, as I was, at how much a kitchen faucet costs. It should be installed by mid-afternoon, so that's one problem solved.

Maryn, who needs to grocery shop

pandora1983

Jill of all trades,well,some trades
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetravelpaige.blogspot.com
Morning all

Maryn..they are ridiculously priced are they not? Ive considered just letting my guests use the water pump outside ;)

just have to take a second to plug the Vitamin String Quartet...if no one here has listened to them I highly suggest it. Im quite addicted.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Am I ever! Geez-Louise, even the dog?

This is why they make DVD players, I'm pretty sure. Kids are distracted, Mom gets a moment's peace, and things are a little better for a time.

I have a plumber in the house, installing the faucet. I should be able to start on the kitchen by 3:30 or 4:00. Alas, I suspect it's a job of many hours.

Maryn, whose guests arrive tomorrow morning

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've got three kids and a dog down with a stomach virus today. :(

Carol, knows you're all jealous of her glamorous life

Dat not good. (Same here, first mom, then I got sick, now my bro is feeling lousy. Urg.)

getwellsoonfriend.jpg

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear everybody is sick, Mom's Write. Hope they feel better soon.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning. After some resentful disagreement about my cleaning standards, ended by his accidental breakage of something of mine, Mr. Maryn and I are now prepared for our guests. Give me strength!

Maryn, reminding herself she likes these people in some ways

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maryn, I have replaced six faucets and two of three toilets in my house. I don't want to total up the cost of all of that hardware, even though I did all the work myself. Besides, I still have one toilet to replace (the new low-flow ones are impressive, both from a mechanical standpoint and from a financial one). My favorite plumbing, which hasn't been replaced, is in the washtub in the garage. Garage washtubs seem to be a throw-back in most new houses around here since inside laundry rooms are the fashion. That tub sure is handy, though.

Rich, who has been hit by many water baloons filled in that garage washtub.

Last edited:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I do believe you're volunteering for the time when we gut and redo the baths, one at a time, right?

Although now we are disagreeing about which should come first. The master bath, which is a wee thing of five by six feet, seems the obvious choice, but Mr. Maryn keeps dangling the possibility of expending the master bedroom over the garage, and at least doubling that bathroom's size in the process. I could totally see that, adding the square footage of a two-car garage in the form of a sitting room, very large closet, and expanded bath, and opening up the chimney which passes through the external wall to add a fireplace, too.

And all of a sudden we're talking crazy amounts of money, when all that's really needed are fresh tile, vanity, sink, toilet, and shower, for an updated wee bathroom.

Maryn, no pun intended on 'wee'

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a sick freak, I'm sure, but I like interior painting. Prep, not so much.

My houseguests leave today!

Maryn, ready

pandora1983

Jill of all trades,well,some trades
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetravelpaige.blogspot.com
Always nice to have your space back to yourself.
I am exhausted. Ive been on a writing bender. Cranking out some insanely good stuff..or perhaps it just seems that way since Im going on so little sleep. But Im running on a writers high...so Im jazzed.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent! Enjoy.

Maryn, sleep-deprived and stupid

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hi-
we've been relaxing and playing borderlands and playing with the doggies and working in the yard. We have two hydrangeas that you used to be able to walk around on the side of the drive way. There is no house to the one side, and the woods are encroaching. I cut back the branches yesterday. there is still a canopy over them but I can walk around them again. I see what happened, a vine weighed down a small tree and a branch off a bigger tree fell and pushed another small tree over them. I've cleared out the vine too. Man those are rough. I cleared out the honeysuckle from the other side of the house and now there is ivy. *******!

Last edited:

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I always think I'll do whatever is on the to do list on the weekends then the weekend comes and I am tired and stressed and want to relax with the hubby and doggies.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Two people, two days. Nine towels, five wash cloths, some dropped down the laundry chute wet. I'm so glad I bought a chrome towel rack capable of holding eight bath towels and set it up for them to ignore. Good thing I decided to tackle laundry today rather than waiting a few days, huh?

Plus, she failed to mention that although she has no medical condition requiring it, she is on a gluten-free diet and could not eat any meal I had planned.

Man, if they were not my husband's closest blood relatives, I'd be done with these people.

Maryn, bitter old woman

Status
Not open for further replies.