• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Anchor Group Publishing

AdrianLynn

I haunt QLH
Registered
Reaction score
The three little letters '...out' would have made so much difference there!

Yeah, that's a slightly unfortunate error there!

I'm glad they got "He decided" right in the actual back cover of his book. It seems like a cute little book! That "Hedecided" shows up twice on the website. Hopefully someone picks that up soon and fixes it!

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
It's such a shame that AGP's website and at least some of their books weren't examined for errors before they went before the public. Having said that, all the (genuinely professional) editing in the world won't make an unpublishable book publishable; I'm afraid one AGP book in particular should never have seen the light of day, and I suspect that in the not too distant future the author will cringe every time a Google search of her name brings it up. This is a perfect example of how Ms Rourke is taking advantage of novice writers by inducting them into Published Author: the Role-playing Game.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
According to Stacey Rourke's Facebook, three AGP novels - including her own Embrace - are stocked by Barnes and Noble. I must admit to being puzzled as to how a small POD press managed to achieve this, and if the books will be available at ALL branches of B&N.

WritingWarrior

Registered
Reaction score
I can’t believe you people let this company off the hook. They’ve only gotten worse, the red flags gotten redder. This company is a prime example of why an author shouldn’t be running a publishing company when publishing their own books are still so important to them. Of course, the first reason is because it is a conflict of interest, and makes it look like a company is taking a chance on them when it is actually just themselves. The second reason is, they don’t have time for business. Both are the case with the owner of this company.

Most of the books published by this company are a waste of the paper it took to print them. If that weren’t bad enough, which it is, there is still the issue of editing. The quality of editing is so far below industry standard I have to wonder why this editor wasn’t let go long ago. Perhaps that is something that should be looked into because not only is the editor providing lousy service, she is also going above and beyond to provide immoral, and should be illegal, services by announcing she's looking for reviews. Telling people to email you for details if interested screams there will be a form of payment. The telltale sign of this claim is that the same people are constantly leaving 5 Star reviews, nobody can like them all. Just opening the sample of any book makes me wonder how anyone likes any, I always count numerous mistakes in just the sample.

I don’t know what kind of dirt the editor has on the CEO of this company, but if the CEO was smart she would just buy her off in one lump sum rather than letting her continue to bring the company’s quality down. Then again, I've heard many other negative things about this company so nothing would surprise me.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
First, I'm not sure why you think AW has let this company "off the hook". People generally post when they have something to say--and apparently you're the first person in a year plus that's had something to say.

Second, I'm a little offended at your use of "you people".

Third, you're coming into this thread guns blazing, without appearing to have read the posts previous. What is your experience with this company? Where is your anger coming from? I'm genuinely curious, because if you have direct experience with this company then that makes your comments more damning against them.

(Not that you can't be angry on someone else's behalf, of course...)