• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
Very cool, all. This beats the acceptance I received from the Writers Literary Agency, and kind of validates my proposals, after reading about WL Agency....

-Maddie

ejNY

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Phantom!

And wow....it looks like Jessica is still working hard on her vacation!

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks EJ- my fingers are still crossed for SJF though. Silly huh? I'm still loooking over the contract, no woo-hoo yet- but I'll keep everyone updated! ;)

nicolesingslave

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nicolesingslave.buzznet.com
Got a request for a full on my transgender romance novel today from Ms. Jessica Sinsheimer. Will keep you all updated on the outcome.
In the meantime, I thought I share some of my research on this agency.

Deals listed on PM:
http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/cgi-bin/dealmaker.pl?id=35

A big "recommended" on P&E:
http://www.anotherealm.com/prededitors/peals.htm
http://www.anotherealm.com/prededitors/pealk.htm

2 pages of hits on Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?u...oks&field-keywords=Sarah+Jane+Freyman&x=0&y=0

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Nicole! She really is working through her vaca isn't she?

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
New York. If you see me anywhere else I'm lost.
She hasn't responded to my email asking if she'd like to see my revised manuscript- sent last week. I thought it was a long shot since next Thursday is the two month mark. But I wanted to try anyway since the bulk of the revisions are in the last three chapters.

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Moost you are already at the 2 month mark?? It doesn't seem like it's been that long!! Ok, maybe for us it doesn't, but for you i'm sure it does.

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
Don't think like that! Positive! Stay positive! :)

Haha I'm trying...but I just got my first full reject. Sigh. Sucked just as much as I thought it would, but since she didn't give any feedback I'm in that "my book sucks" black hole. ETA: First reject was not from Jessica. Still waiting on her!

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
sorry to hear about the r moost! Yes, that first reject on a full stinks. I can understand- just hang in there. You will hear from SJF shortly and it'll be a yes! ;) (THe power of positive thinking) **sends good vibes your way**

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
sorry to hear about the r moost! Yes, that first reject on a full stinks. I can understand- just hang in there. You will hear from SJF shortly and it'll be a yes! ;) (THe power of positive thinking) **sends good vibes your way**

:D Thanks Phantom and congrats on your offer! I'm sure I'll be hearing something this week- good luck to everyone else waiting on fulls!

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Waiting on a query from 10/6. Seems like others have gotten responses from around that time...hmmm...anyone else still waiting for a query response from 10/6 or earlier?

I haven't heard anything on my query of 9/30. So we're in the same boat.

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Got my "R" a few minutes ago guys! Fingers crossed for everyone else!

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure about that Moost. I sent an email to her letting her know I did have another offer from a publisher, but wanted to give them to time to review it first. Her "r" was nice, but from what others have posted on query tracker, it was form. Good luck!

Forgot to add- she has been very professional and quick to respond in her emails. Hopefully someone on here will get a yes from her, even though I have an "R", it was nice dealing with her!

Last edited:

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure about that Moost. I sent an email to her letting her know I did have another offer from a publisher, but wanted to give them to time to review it first. Her "r" was nice, but from what others have posted on query tracker, it was form. Good luck!

Meh. I don't want another full form R lol. Best of luck with your offer though!!

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score

Forgot to add- she has been very professional and quick to respond in her emails. Hopefully someone on here will get a yes from her, even though I have an "R", it was nice dealing with her!

I'm glad to hear it was a nice R and that she got back to you quickly (since she just got back from vacation).

I am seriously going to be sooooooooooooooo sad when I get my R from her. She was so nice in her email correspondence, and from her blog she sounds like she would be so amazing to work with. We even had a small chat today in her comments on her blog. I just love her personality! Anyone who snags her is going to be one lucky author!

socact

Registered
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on a full - it does look like she's going in a weird order. I submitted mine in mid-September. I've had so many rejections that I'm already anticipating this one, perhaps with a bit less sting. Well, they all sting. Especially the R's on fulls.

Good luck to everyone to still waiting!

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Yes my fingers are crossed for all of you still out there! Hopefully everyone will hear back this week since we all went out around the same time. She did update her blog today though if you haven't checked it out yet.