YA books being made into films

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm that was one of my guilty pleasure books. Although I think it would make a better TV show than film.

I'm not even guilty about enjoying those spoiled rich vampires emoing out all over Manhattan! So good!

Teacake

Crawling the walls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
teacake89.tumblr.com
Actually, the option never lapsed :) My producers renewed it the same week Universal announced that it was going into turn-around. My most recent conversation with my producers was last week, & they continue to say we're moving forward. I even have a coffee-table sized, full-colour book of the special effects visuals of the world & characters.

Like all films though, until it's actually on the screen it could die, so I'm as convinced as I was the day it sold ;)

(My Graveminder option was the one that expired.)

Thanks for clearing that up :) I'm really excited to see how they will convey the WL world on the big screen!

casualrungal

Registered
Reaction score
I just finished reading The Selection by Kiera Cass and now I'm really bummed that the CW adaptation didn't get picked up. I've read that the pilot was godawful, but that they're reworking it. I think that TV show would be the best kind of guilty pleasure... unfortunately, it would probably have horrendous ratings (but what doesn't, on the CW?).

fredXgeorge

I heart sexy elves and wizards.
Registered
Reaction score
On the Jellicoe Road has a script written by Melina Marchetta herself. I really hope it works out, I'd love for it to be made into a film so, so much. Apart from the HP series it's my favourite book.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
If INK EXCHANGE (book 2 of WICKED LOVELY) was made into a movie.....*swoons**faints* I looove that book series and it would such a dark, sexy world on screen!

Also, Blue Bloods was a guilty pleasure for me back in HS. I can't believe the book series is still going! Talk about the YA PNR 'Gossip Girl" lol. I also think it would be a cool TV show.

They just announced more of the cast for MORTAL INSTRUMENTS. So pumped!!

miss marisa

Registered
Reaction score
On the Jellicoe Road has a script written by Melina Marchetta herself. I really hope it works out, I'd love for it to be made into a film so, so much. Apart from the HP series it's my favourite book.

Are they seriously considering making the movie? Because I would be all over that. It's still one of my favorite YA books.

They still need to make the Gemma Doyle Trilogy into movies. And I would love to see Bright Young Things on the screen, but it may be because I love that time period. And The Great Gatsby remake is not cutting it for me.

fireluxlou

Registered
Reaction score

TudorRose

not napping... brainstorming!
Registered
Reaction score
I relapsed about my age then. I was thinking 'Yay I can enter' but then realised I haven't been a teenager for four years. Swear I am still a teenager at heart.

You're in good company here then :D

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Now is Good (the film version of Before I Die) opened in the UK today. Has anyone seen it yet? I'm hoping to see it either at the weekend or maybe during next week (when I'll be on leave).

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
Now is Good (the film version of Before I Die) opened in the UK today. Has anyone seen it yet? I'm hoping to see it either at the weekend or maybe during next week (when I'll be on leave).

I read the book of that when I was about 15 (18 now) and it was frickin' depressing. I know that's the point, but I don't think I could watch a film version...

*conveniently forgets that BEFORE I DIE is one of the comparison books in query of new novel*

jcheerios

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.almostgrownup.net
If I'm right, some time last year, THIRTEEN REASONS WHY had the film rights sold, with Selena Gomez expressing interest... but I don't know if anything went any further?

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Whoops, didn't want to do two posts in a row, but did y'all see the new trailer for Beautiful Creatures? It looks awesome! I'm really excited to see it.

omg, I didn't know there was a trailer! That looked pretty promising, I agree.

nightowling

Maybe it was Utah.
Registered
Reaction score
ANGELFALL by Susan Ee has been picked up, and will be produced by Sam Raimi.

I haven't read it yet, but I've heard that it's great.

SBibb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sbibb.wordpress.com
Guys, the City of Bones trailer is up on MTV!

Interesting... I haven't read that series (I'm just about to finish the first book of the prequel series, Clockwork Angel), but it is interesting to recognize stuff from the book (the marks they have). Though... I am intrigued by the trailer.

Maramoser

much writing. very books
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marafitzgerald.blogspot.com
Guys, the City of Bones trailer is up on MTV!

That awkward moment when Simon is hotter than Jace. I'm "meh" about the books but I'm gonna see the movie for Godfrey Gao as Magnus because DAMN.

Sorry, apparently all I can comment on is the attractiveness of the actors. Don't judge me cause that's really all there is to go on at this point. Lily Collins seemed pretty good in the trailer; she might do a good job.

Also trynna withhold judgement due to the dramatic tone of the trailer, but Jace didn't seem snarky enough and if they didn't capture/angle this towards the characters' snark and wit there's not much about it that will really be worth watching IMO (besides the aforementioned eye candy). I like to think of the books as more fun than deep and dramatic so I hope the movie doesn't try to go there