Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
ok great! I'm good.. tired. so i think i'm going to take a 3 hour nap before work in 4ish hours.

Yeah my sleep cycle is sooooo screwed up!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
got some sleep now i'm back at work. Wow its empty here. And we still havent moved threads???

So anyone else up?

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, I'm at ze office too. How are you doing?

I've been getting some major wordage in the past few days and I want to keep it up, but I seem to be slowing down D:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
That's great! Hope you dont slow down too much.

I've been getting good wordage too.. problem is its not for my book!!!! I keep having to write these two-three page creative writing scenes about this or that... so what have i been doing? Using characters and scenes from a future book i want to write... because for some reason not one of my 11 books fits any of the senaros i have to write about! How is that possible?

Anyway work is boring... my boss left for the day because she wasnt feeling good now i'm just sitting here on AW! heheheh i'm just really really hoping the other lady in the office doesnt make me do her work. She already has people who come in to do that stuff!

Anyway besides that i really need some coffee... Will took my car snow scrapper so i had to walk to work... and walking to get coffee would have made me close to 40 mins late... so i called him and told me he had to stop by my work and bring me coffee before he goes into work because he stole my damn car snow scrapper!

how are you?

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like your day is shaping up pretty well - no boss and coffee being brought to you! :D

I'm good, just stressing a bit about keeping up the pace and staying focused. I'm working on two projects right now so I really can't afford to get sidetracked, but for some reason I keep getting SNIs! Which is weird because usually I don't have very many.

*cues laser focus*

Cap'n, our lasers seem to be drained! Oh noez!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I never get SNI, that dont revolve around my series in some way. Now in a month alone I got 4! I just really want to finish TAJ, but my writing has been pushed aside by school projects and now i found myself writing more of CWII when i ever intended.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Oh no hehehe i was responding to Margo.

For whole new books? Wow that would drive me insane if i got them every day.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
anyone want to YAWN?

I really want to get some TAJ written... just need some push.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Sadly can't YAWN since I'm working. Good luck on TAJ tho!

I get very few SNIs, but the ones I do get stick with me. I'm currently on my third rewrite of an idea I've had hanging around since I was 16.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
That's whats going on with me now too. STILL working on edits for my first book, which i started writing almost 10 years ago.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I write this book one at 16/17, once at 19, and now at 22 I'm back again. Maybe I'll even get it right this time.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hehehehe that's what i always think. I'm on version 5.0 right now. Which should really be like 7.0 but i lost count somewhere along the way. 1st time i wrote it from ages 11 going on 12-14. (Started March of 2002, so almost 10 years ago. So depressing)

At 15 I typed it all up onto my brand new first laptop. Re-writing it again as i did.

At 16 i realized the book had no direction and now i figured out more about the Freak abilities (i was on the 3rd book in the series at that time) so i re-wrote it again.

At 17-18 after i was finished the 4th in the series i got really super serious about getting the first one published so i read and rewrote the whole thing AGAIN! I was really set on that version...

At 20 I was so positive it was ready, but i still didnt like the beginning. So i re-wrote the first three chapter at least 7 times each over the course of that year.

NOW at 21(over the summer) i read through it all trying to correct all mistakes and rewriting some scenes. Right now I'm going through and fixing and tightening everything up. Editing 3 chapters at a time and handed them off to Para who offered to proofread them and is also kind enough to critique them in the process. Fingers crossed I dont have to do much more re-writing!

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I had that with TRL. First wrote it as a short story at age 12, rewrote it that summer (13), rewrote it the next summer (14), and this year am rewriting it again. This year's version is completely different and AWESOME.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah same here. At least i think so compared to the other versions. I was reading through the very first handwritten one... GOD i couldn't stop laughing.

I used to have sillyputty grenades in my book. Yeah what the hell was i thinking?! Two of the characters names were different, I had no meaning behind the Freaks, or there abilities. Hell they didnt even have individual abilities then. Max (who went by a different name then) shared half of mine, which made no sense.

The only thing that stayed the same through out all 7 versions, were the characters themselves and the underlying plot.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Well, that's what matters.

The only thing that stayed the same in mine- entirely the same, really- was Hailey. I changed her name once, and changed it back right away.

Ella has stayed the same person but different names. So has Hayden.

Well, Arthur has never really changed at all, just grown from a cardboard villain to my favorite character.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I changed Jul's name like 17 times before i settled on Julia. It was Allura originally, but then my mom was like "You have an Ally and Laura... its just a combo of the names..." So i then changed it to Alissa. But again too similar to Ally, so then it went to Lissy, Emily, Chloe, Zoey, and finally to Julia.

Max used to be the boy i had a crush on for 7 years of my life. So he had the same name. Then when the crush ended i stomped out every aspect of the real person and Max was born. Although in reality, some features stayed the same. Dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, and love of skateboarding. And his last name is off by one letter now! hehehe went from Welsh, to Walsh. I'm so creative!

I love the villains in my books too! A little piece of me is sad when they have to die. Although the awesome epic deaths they face are soooo worth it.

Cant WAIT for when Seth returns!!! Always knew he was going to come back and screw shit up... just never knew how badly until recently. Think he's probably my most clever and awesome villain.

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Wow its like really dead around here! I'm a little shocked Lisa isnt on... she is always on by this time.

Anyone lurking? Anyone wanna come out of the shadows? I'm bored here at work and AW is my only escape, but there is no one around.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I had a feeling you were there! Got that *a ninja is watching me* feeling creeping up my spine.

And how are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.