Sightings!!

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
I live in NYC and used to live in Los Angeles, so I've seen a lot of celebrities

yeah i've only lived in those cities for short periods of time, but i saw quite a few in that time.

my favorite sighting was spieldberg, sprinsteen, and a big name producer (who's name i just happened to forget) all sitting down at this italian rest. in LA.

i also said hello to justin timberlake at a club in NYC and did a what up to damon in e. village.

Last edited:

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
I, like Maryn, have also met Ray Wong-- sans the chocolate pants, sadly. But he apparently doesn't believe I exist any more. :D

Wait wait wait. NO PANTS? You didn't say anything about NO PANTS! I knew I should've hitched a ride that day... :rant:

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Aw... that's so sweet!

So it makes sense - there was a character called Kramer - who, in one episode, scored a walk on role in a Woody Allen film that was being shot in NYC. His line? "These pretzels are making me thirsty." And each character had a different suggestion for how Kramer should say it. In the end, he ended up getting kicked out of the film by Woody Allen.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
George Clooney: On a flight from SLC to LAX. And yes ladies, he's just as charming in person as in an interview. Though at the time 1996, I had no idea who he was exactly other than he looked like someone on TV. Then when I got off the plane my bf who was waiting for me said, "Oh my god, you were talking to George Clooney and I said who?" (hey so I was clueless) But he really is very funny in person.

Marie Osmond: 2002 I'm not a fan. I spoke to her at Sundance and thought she was a total snot.

Ed O'Neil: 1996 From Married with Children. Met him in the Torrence, CA. at the Gracie Brother's Jiu Jitsu studio. He's um, friendly and works very hard at Jiu Jitsu but not my cup of tea. He tried to talk to me but I wasn't interested.

Robert Redford: July 2008 VERY nice man. Angelus and I were at Sundance and he was there sitting outside with a student. I spotted him straight away and pointed him out to my bf. Mr. Redford saw me whisper and nod his direction and smiled at me. I did not approach him. But a drunk tourist started annoying him and he was so polite but got up and walked towards us along the walk way. I just giggled at how silly she was and as he walked passed me he chuckled and smiled. My ex husband spoke to him quite often about their roofing issues.

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
My sister knows Mitch Albom.

Has anyone here sighted Keith Richards? I don't mean from the nosebleed seats at a concert, I mean up close? If so, might I be permitted to touch the hem of your garment.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I sighted Eartha Kitt, a really old-time singer, but she sure was great. It was when I lived in NY and she was walking on Fifth Ave.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
John Cooper Clarke asked me for drugs once.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I kissed Lemmy for a bet / dare

Ah the days of Hammersmith Odeon....

Craig Charles came in our local once. Nice bloke, bit pissed :) At least it was before he got the crack habit ( glad to see he's kicked it)

And I once accidentally told Mick Jagger to piss off on the phone ( I thought it was my mate doing an impression. It wasn't, he was ringing the shop I worked in to see if we stocked something. Why wouldn't he get a lackey to do that?)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's both sad and amusing to me to realize that I've become my mother-in-law, unaware of who many of these celebrities are. (But I refuse to keep an eye out for Duncan Rinaldo.) Who knows what famous folks I've talked to at Subway or Wegmans? Not me.

Maryn, fogy extraordinaire

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
A local radio station did a phone-if-you've-bonked-a-celebrity spot once. Charlie Sheen's name came up a LOT.

I once ran into James Dickey in an elevator. He was really cool--he invited me to drop by his office & talk writing, but I never got up the nerve.

My girlfriend knows the guy who played the slimy antler demon on Buffy.

dobiwon

Planning to retire for the 5th time
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
magind7.wixsite.com
When I was 12, I had my picture taken with Moose Skowron and Elston Howard of the New York Yankees. It appeared in the local (Albany, NY) newspaper.

My wife was on a cross-country plane with the Richmond Rage women's basketball team of the ABL in 1996, and sat next to Jackie Joyner-Kersey. She also volunteered at a PGA Seniors Golf Tournament as a nurse, and dispensed aspirins Advils (I work for the company that makes Advil) and adhesive bandages to some players, one of whom was Arnold Palmer.

Last edited:

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
I have seen quite a couple of 'famous' people walking around, clubs, shops, cafes etc..

The last person I saw was an actor, a well known actor in Portugal and he was at the most popular club in Lisbon. (Which is a great place) He was just chilling outside in the varanda casually. A couple of people kept coming up to him, and asking him for a picture or he's autograph, but it wasn't a fussy ordeal. I think the hype of being 'famous' is just an add on by the media, and those that are not in it. I feel everyone is still a person regardless of whether they are in that limelight or not, and the respect is mutual to all. :D