JanNoWriMo 2014!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I did get food, I did finish my essay (though I haven't sealed the envelope just yet -- I'm going to give it one last pass for any "wow, I'm an idiot" typos before sending it off), and I did read some. And then oh, hey, I fell asleep and forgot what day it was. That's always fun.

I'm kinda happy because I'm getting a budding ideas for a novel. :) I really need a new project to work on.

...But not right now. More reading time for me!

~Amber~

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Rewritten about 1k. It's a deathly slow pace, but the writing quality is noticeably better in this draft.

I may be feeling prematurely optimistic, yet I think I might be ready for beta readers after this draft is finished.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Great job! :)

Just finished reading The Shining. I can start Doctor Sleep soon! Yay!

I still have plenty of usable hours left in the night (it's 9:45 pm here), so I think what I'm going to do is start printing out my syllabi and other stuff for school on Monday so I don't have to do it tomorrow, start on an assignment for one of my English classes (I know it sounds silly to start assignments BEFORE the term starts, but I know someone who took this class last year and he struggled with this particular assignment, and since the professor already posted it I may as well take advantage of the extra time...), and then maybe start refreshing my memory for my Japanese class. Then I can spend tomorrow reading or whatever.

(I feel productive this month... This is really nice...)

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I got 7/11ths of the way through a rather long homework assignment for a class that I haven't even attended yet.* It's not due for two weeks and yet I'm probably going to have it finished by tomorrow. I have no life. But, hey, I'm being productive.

It's 2:30 am. I should really probably go to bed.

*I haven't attended it while being enrolled in the class. I attended several of the class meetings last year because the professor is one of the most entertaining lecturers I've ever seen, but I wasn't actually taking the class. ... I think I'm waaaayyy over-prepared for this class... >.>

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
こんばんは!

I just had a lunch thing for the volunteers at the library I go to and had a nice veggie burger. I'm stuffed. And now I'm not sure what I want to do today.

I think I'm going to let my English assignment sit for a while. After all, I'm over half done and it's not even due for another two weeks. So I think I'm going to pack up for school tomorrow, read my Japanese textbook for class like I'm supposed to, take one last look at that essay before (gasp!) sealing the envelope, and then either read, write, or work on the homework assignment. Depends on what I feel like doing.

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
And by letting my English assignment sit for a while, I meant about an hour... Oops. Well, at any rate, I finished the assignment. I'll be going over it another couple of times before turning it in in a couple of weeks, of course, but it's nice having it done.

I should clean my room. And my rat cage. That sounds like a reasonable idea. *nods*

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
So far this week, I've finished watching Alien 3, and now Star Wars episode II. Played Neverwinter Nights 2 for a little while as well. It's not a lot - but they're all things I wanted to get done, so yay. :)

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Cliff! :)

I'm going to read for a little while and go to bed pretty soon. I have to get up early... Bleh.

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
You know what, though? You had a LOT of blog posts listed in your goals. You're making progress on your goals, and therefore you are being productive. :)

~Amber~

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
I'm still clinging to the "sick" card here - no voice and a little chest infection.

No writing, lots of real-job work, snowstorm, freezing cold.

Also, busy building a robot. Noveling will happen tomorrow. Up to query version 10... I've lost track of which direction it's going - towards better or toward worse.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Your right what? ;)

My right observation. :D

Being sick sucks, CoffeeBeans. :( Hope you feel better soon!

This morning was terrible, but school is going well. I woke up about five times last night, and threw up the second time. Not fun. I'm feeling better now, though. My classes are going well.

I have about two hours until my next class. I think I'm going to eat and then maybe head to the library to do I'm not sure what yet.

~Amber~

Pushingfordream

Writing about life!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danielwallock.com
Goals for January 2014:
Write part one of fourth draft for book: 17,000/30,000
Write 1 short story: 1/3
Write 30 blog posts: 19/30

Progress update :)

arabajyo

Registered
Reaction score
I hope it's not too late to join :)

Goal: Write 10,000 of my novel by the end of the month
So far: 395 words written :Shrug:

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
It's never too late to join -- not even at 11:59 pm on the last day of the month! :D

Welcome!

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I got all my homework done through Wednesday's! Yay!

So, my last class of the day was my Intro to the English Major class. I snuck into this class, with the same professor, two or three times last year because he's a damn good lecturer. I think it was the second time I showed up he called me out on it... Turns out he didn't care. :tongue Anyway, I raised my hand to answer my question in class today, and he remembered me! :roll:

I'm going to write my assignments for the term on my giant calendar, maybe read some, and then I'll head to bed.

~Amber~

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I've got nine chapters left to clean up/edit on my novella and I've started work on my Nano 2013 novel.

I want the novella done by Friday so I can find a beta reader for it.

So far I've hacked off around 20K of my Nano 2013 novel. I've got it all saved in a separate file so I can mine later it for passages that don't suck. :D

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Closing in on the end of my NaNo novella, and having trouble keeping the Internal Editor at bay, who wants me to go back and make corrections NOW instead of after I've written The End. Damn Internal Editor.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Damn Internal Editor.

Kill it with fire!
:flamethrower

The End is almost there - chase your editor away until then!
Feeling well enough to write, got up early on my day off, met a friend for coffee before her shift started. Only added about 500 words, but broken scene is now moving. Downside, fixed scene will not make the plot point it was slated to. Oh well, it's a useful one anyway. I've got another few hours writing solo, so I should at least finish this scene and make a dent on the one that's slated.