Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
And I'm finally free of the malicious bonds of homework... :D At a really good part in my novel (which I think sucks, by the way, just has a good plot. :) ) but I'm too afraid to write it because I feel like I really need to make it perfect... So I'm trolling AW until I can work up the nerve to write.
What's up with everyone else?

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Word warring from :05 - :35 with myself to fire up my writing for the night. Just need to 700 more words...

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, got 1.1k for the night. Enough for me to be satisfied. :)
ETA: Tally, speaking of cupcakes, I have the BEST cupcakes near where I live in this cake shop. They have this thick, creamy chocolate icing that weighs about an ounce and in the center of the cupcake is more chocolate! Haha, I really love those cupcakes. *mouth waters*

Last edited:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Oh wow. What's wrong?

I'm really not doing that well, though. Just today. It'll be over by Monday.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I LOVE STARBUCKS! :D Caramel Macchiatos/Java Chip Fraps, for the win! :D

I wrote like 1K so far today! YAY reached my daily goal! Though, I didn't write yesterday/was 300 words short on Tuesday. Monday I believe I wrote 600 words, though I didn't have my goal yet. I thought I was just briefly gonna work on TL but now it's my main WIP. Trying to finish a first draft by my bday. OR a second draft by then. Because now I'm at 8K and I believe I can finish a 50-60K novel by the end of January :D So driven!

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
I don't really like Peppermint Mochas. So Caramel Macchiatos are still top for me :D

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
I started a write-a-thon at 11:04 last night. 5 hours ago. I'm planning to write for the next 19 hours. I want to reach at least 17K written within 24 hours :D

So far, I've written 2.1K :D I had too long of a break though. Almost 4 hours doing nothing. I actually wrote the 2.1K within a timeframe of 1 hour and 15 minutes. 1.2K in 47 minutes. It was GREAT. :D

I did a 24 hour write-a-thon two years ago, too. I think I slept for 6 hours, so I wrote 14K in 18 waking hours. I really want to surpass that though! Back then, my words were sucktastic, so I'm trying my hardest not to make these words all too crappy lol.

Last edited:

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Karla! Yay someone's here! I've been staring at my draft for the past hour, trying to summon the courage to start hefty rewrites.

I'd say I'm joining you for a hefty marathon session of writing... but I don't know whether I'm that strong (also, I have somewhere to be in the morning, in twelve hours time, so...) I'll put me down for two hours, which starts in seven minutes! :D

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry I disappeared. Went to get breakfast hehe.

Go lvae go! :D

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I just got NaturallySpeaking Dragon for Christmas. I'm using it right now, it's really cool.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry I disappeared. Went to get breakfast hehe.

Go lvae go! :D

good luck! Hope you get a lot of writing done. I would do a writing session with you, but I have to take my mom to the doctors tomorrow. Early at like 10:30 and right now I'm up testing my Dragon software.

It's actually really really cool. I really didn't think the work at first and so I told my grandma not to buy it for me but now I'm actually really using it and its so amazing. I can actually believe how amazing is. I just keep talking hoping it'll mess up but it doesn't.

I just got messed up and proud of that fact. First time all day. I might actually be using this more than I thought. Okay I'm going to stop talking now.

Last edited:

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
That sounds so cool, Ally! I always wondered about those things

And thanks for the luck!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
That's the speech to text software, right? I'm glad it's working well for you. :D

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
that's exactly what it is!

My grandma thought it would be a good investment for me in school, and to finish my books. I really did not want one because I know it can't fix grammar. Right now I actually have to say the words for the punctuation. But I've been using it for a few hours now, an I'm actually starting to get used to saying the words instead of typing them. I'm starting to find it easier for me to figure out where comma goes when I stop talking rather then when I'm typing.

I still have some bugs to fix out with it. Because it needs to calibrate my voice and speech for little bit before it's completely accurate. But so far so good. One really good thing about it, is it corrects mistakes made previously, later on. For example he couldn't understand the word Matty. Until I deleted the word it had instead and inserted Matty. Now on every time I say Matty, it comes up as Matty. Pretty cool right?

Last edited:

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Um... yeah. Hope you're having better luck than me, Karla! I got distracted looking up bus timetables for tomorrow (among other things, woe...)

Does the speech-to-text software punctuate as well, Ally? I was reading a book recently where one of the characters mentioned something about semicolons in speech, and I wondered whether you can actually hear semicolons in speech as opposed to commas.

Hi Para! :)

ETA - too fast Ally. Oh well. :) It still sounds awesome!

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
That is cool, Ally! :D

500 more words written. I don't know how I got so behind to get to only 500 the last hour. Oh. Right. Breakfast. Time to focus again...especially because I may need a nap soon.

ETA: Yeah...I think it is nap time. I need to set my alarm. I don't want to sleep for too long. Got lots of words left to write and I'm so behind!

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I knew exactly how to place a ; I might use it, but I don't. so far, it's really great. Some problems though, is you always have to enunciate your words rather clearly. As the night moves on I'm starting to mumble. The more I mumbled the more inaccurate it becomes.

for example
what I'm saying right now, I'm purposely talking very clearly, so it writes it down.

one I'm saying right now I'm purposely talking very clearly celebrates down.
(That's an example of me just talking. not horrible but not right.)

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Ally - And after you're done speaking, how do you copy and paste the text onto the little box-y thing in AW? Just manually?

Karla - naps are good!

I'm going slightly better now with the writing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.