Registered
Reaction score
Yay! This is a a magners (it's cider):
magners.jpg

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newbie, too. :hi: Can I have extra Baileys to go with my Baileys?

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Luckily, even though I'm just a newb, I know where the sekrit, sekrit stash is...the one that doesn't really exist.

*grabs me and Jed some Baileys*

D.L. Shepherd

Revising, revising, revising...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnaowczarek.com
Beer and coffee? Hmm, seems like an odd mix to me, but I'll try anything once. :e2thud:

Hey - why not...? A new type of Black N Tan!

And that leads me to my next thought...if I make grammar errors in my posts, will people jump all over me? :D I'm nervous because I type fast, and then I'll often hit "save" and see the mistake after the fact...which I know as a writer I should be more careful of, but you know, social media and rush, rush, rush...

Last edited:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Hey - why not...? A new type of Black N Tan!

And that leads me to my next thought...if I make grammar errors in my posts, will people jump all over me? :D I'm nervous because I type fast, and then I'll often hit "save" and see the mistake after the fact...which I know as a writer I should be more careful of, but you know, social media and rush, rush, rush...

:roll:

There's a preview post button right next to the submit button and you can see what your post looks like before posting it. Also there's an edit button, so if you make a mistake after posting it you can always change it. ;) No worries. :)

oh, and :welcome: to AW!

Reaction score
So if my work is now theirs, now what? *reaches for paper bag* Does this mean I should stop working on it? And why is Google failing me? I can't find answers to this!! *starts breathing heavily in it*

Unless you work for a copywriter or an advertising agency where you are contracted to come up with creative content on their computers, the content is yours.
A lot of companies have zero tolerance on using work computers for personal use however, that is not all that you need to check into. Some companies specify in the staff contracts word specific (thou shalt not use company computers for personal pleasure or gain, nor gain employment in other areas while working for The Company)
In Australia and the US the laws are very specific that every time you log on, they need to tell you that the computer and all content is theirs. If they don't do that you are safe, it's your content. Also, the law states that your email account for the company is yours for work use however, because you "own" the password protection for it, and you supplied the password, you are within your rights to assume the content is yours and is addressed to you. If it has your name on in, eg [email protected] then it gives another reason for assumption it is your privacy.
The facts are there are many grey areas here, and many companies have spent many many years with lawyers trying to sort this all out but have yet to convince the law that infringing on a persons privacy because they work for you is legal.
(I used to run a pretty big multinational IT dept operating in the US and AU, we come across these issues more often than you would think)

Last edited:

D.L. Shepherd

Revising, revising, revising...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnaowczarek.com
:roll:

Also there's an edit button, so if you make a mistake after posting it you can always change it. ;) No worries. :)

Oh, I found that button right away. It's probably a bad thing to have for someone like me who is always re-reading and fiddling, but for some reason, I'm guessing I'm probably not alone here.

Jill Karg

So many WIPs which one to work on
Registered
Reaction score
Beer and coffee? Hmm, seems like an odd mix to me, but I'll try anything once. :e2thud:

Well baileys and coffee works or baileys and tea. heck baileys and beer....mmmm maybe just baileys and ice :idea:

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
At this time of day, I just need coffee. Like, tons of it. Liters. Gallons.

Oh, and a bed would be nice too. Only if I had the bed, I wouldn't want the coffee.

So... yeah. Coffee. :D

:Coffee:

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
By Golly, is that another newbie? :snoopy:

*puts out fresh coffee and just-baked chocolate chip cookies*

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED! They're coming in by the dozens!

Greenify13

Fair Maiden of War.
Registered
Reaction score
Drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke. :Guitar:

Radio station ruined the moment...next song just sucks! Okay, it's a decent song, but doesn't compare! You know that feeling? You're grooving one moment and then they put some thing on and you go "ugh, really, now?" and then the whine "Why? Why?!"

Yep, that moment. :Sun: Good day, y'all!

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke. :Guitar:

Radio station ruined the moment...next song just sucks! Okay, it's a decent song, but doesn't compare! You know that feeling? You're grooving one moment and then they put some thing on and you go "ugh, really, now?" and then the whine "Why? Why?!"

Yep, that moment. :Sun: Good day, y'all!
I know! That's why I don't listen to music radio anymore. I'm musosensitive (that's a word, right?) and two bars of a Phil Collins song before I can turn it off can put me in a bad mood all day.

Greenify13

Fair Maiden of War.
Registered
Reaction score
I totally understand, though perhaps not that word :D

Working on my kids 5th bday party...it's in November but might as well start now! I love that he actually thought of a theme he wants! Robots! I love my kid. Now I'm planning it around robots and compiling a list of movies that are family-oriented, that the old and young could both enjoy. Fun times!

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds awesome, Greeny. :)

I need music in my life, badly, but I don't usually listen to the radio - too many voices. :D

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Hello to all the newbies coming into the Pub. :hi:

We have some good news. Greeny is organising a special party with a robot theme for us. :e2woo:

I totally understand, though perhaps not that word :D

Working on my kids 5th bday party...it's in November but might as well start now! I love that he actually thought of a theme he wants! Robots! I love my kid. Now I'm planning it around robots and compiling a list of movies that are family-oriented, that the old and young could both enjoy. Fun times!

Status
Not open for further replies.