XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
I like the Prestige. Good movie.

Okay peeps. Food = eaten. Tea = drunk. All my other procrastination is out of the way. Time to get my write on.

*serious face*

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
YES BE PRODUCTIVE WEETH US. WE ARE YUR FREEEENDS.

I'm going to start another novel in February. *checks calendar* I'm going to start another novel the first full week of February. Thank goodness for the extra day this year.

*also looks at calandar*

Sigh. I must begin. Tomorrow. The Feb 1st. The edit.

Sigh. Again.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
So. It's on :D

Just bought my ticket for Alt.Fiction here in Leicester in April. My first ever convention! :D

Howdy folks. Whut up? Busy day is busy... ugh.

Ooooh, alt.fiction sounds like fun! And Leicester is not a million miles away from Cambridge. Might think about going myself.

No kidding about the busy day! I came in to another server with a crashed hard drive. Luckily this one was RAIDed, so I only had to swap out the broken drive. But it did mean taking down all of our web sites for 5 minutes. Thank goodness its not exam time! Then, I just don't think I stopped until 16.30, when I finish (I start at 8 am).

That made way more sense than the e-mail.

Totally this.

Sheesh, with all this revising and editing going on, it makes me think I should head to the "At Least Open a WIP" cave.

I'll join you in that cave! I've opened my WIP recently, but didn't do more than make a few changes to the opening... Poor thing really is languishing.

Anyone else sometimes just make any excuse not to write? "The house is too messy." "My computer desk is the wrong height." "My chair makes my bum hurt." "The sky is grey."

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Good morning. 'Tis Monday.

Tense work environment is tense. We would all like some answers.

:( I hope you get them. And good luck with the interview.

Awwwww, poor CM. Here's a :Hug2: for you. Or would you prefer a nice, fresh :e2moon:?

I'd offer you a :censored but my husband would object. Not to mention your wife. Besides, I think Hills covered that pretty thoroughly the other day.
How do you manage to turn an innocent :Hug2: into all that? Scathing my eyes you are

I like the Prestige. Good movie.

Okay peeps. Food = eaten. Tea = drunk. All my other procrastination is out of the way. Time to get my write on.

*serious face*

PSHYCO!

Hey :D You're awake. I just woke up. We can actually do this word war business at the same time.

Sound good?

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I'll join you in that cave! I've opened my WIP recently, but didn't do more than make a few changes to the opening... Poor thing really is languishing.

Anyone else sometimes just make any excuse not to write? "The house is too messy." "My computer desk is the wrong height." "My chair makes my bum hurt." "The sky is grey."

need to put the editing and writing caves on the map!! so we don't get lost

...and I am terrible at making excuses. I need to get to work..... tomorrow.!!

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I made homemade chicken parm on Saturday night and brought some leftovers to work today for lunch.

And now I can't stop thinking about it because it was So. Good.

Alas, I am eating salad at the moment, though it is very tasty too.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Guess who walked to Whole Paycheck and got a LARGE tub of After Dark Chocolate Frozen Yogurt? How many calories does one burn walking 4miles at a moderate pace, cuz Imma having at least 100calories for dessert soon... Maybe 200... Or 300... ;)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
TJ, when do you eat lunch?

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score

I have a concern about dying before I've written something really good, in which case all the time I have put into writing will have been a waste.

Although, yeah, sometimes the sky is awfully grey. ;)

Guess who walked to Whole Paycheck and got a LARGE tub of After Dark Chocolate Frozen Yogurt? How many calories does one burn walking 4miles at a moderate pace, cuz Imma having at least 100calories for dessert soon... Maybe 200... Or 300... ;)

Maybe you should do a triple jump every ten steps, to increase the value of the walks? And also to amuse me. :D

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I made homemade chicken parm on Saturday night and brought some leftovers to work today for lunch.

And now I can't stop thinking about it because it was So. Good.

Alas, I am eating salad at the moment, though it is very tasty too.

TJ, when do you eat lunch?

NOT FAIR!! My stomach is giving me fits, and y'all are talking about chicken parm and chocolate?

I haz a sad. :cry:

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Guys... what's chicken parm? Is it nice? Do I want to eat it?

Ooooh, alt.fiction sounds like fun! And Leicester is not a million miles away from Cambridge. Might think about going myself.
You should come! I'm going and so is Anne Lyle, who's also on the site and she writes awesome historical fantasy and has a book coming out soon. Which I have already read and it's fab :D

I do this all the time. I'm such a procrastinator. That's why I need word wars and competition to kick me into shape.

Speaking of... today's word count, 2162. Not as great as Sunday, but respectable. I can live with that.

PSHYCO!

Hey :D You're awake. I just woke up. We can actually do this word war business at the same time.

Sound good?
NO! I missed you! How did I miss you? I actually was writing just now, which is why I was awol from the internets! You still around? It's too late to war here, it's bedtime :(

We should arrange to meet for word wars at a time we can both do...

Evening folks. I must get to bed soon, got work in the morning and I'm feeling preeettty tired. What did I miss while I was in the writing cave? Apart from Sian :(

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think I probably want to eat Chicken Parm. TJ, unhand the chicken. No, give me the chicken. I don't want to have to run after-- TJ, DAMMIT!

I was thisclose to changing my AW handle to Pollyanna tonight. For serious. :Shrug:

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
So that phone interview that went really well the other week? They hired someone else. :(

Ah well, there are other opportunities.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe you should do a triple jump every ten steps, to increase the value of the walks? And also to amuse me. :D

Like this? :Jump: or this?:e2bouncey (that later is technically a triple jump)

And I decided to run back out to the used book store for a copy of The Prestige. I got a slightly worn copy but had to stick with the trade paperback with the Dullest Cover Evar.

I ate a triple serving (give or take) of frozen yogurt to make up for the dullness.

NOT FAIR!! My stomach is giving me fits, and y'all are talking about chicken parm and chocolate?

I haz a sad. :cry:

We're sorry, but it's what we do around here.

:evil

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Guys... what's chicken parm? Is it nice? Do I want to eat it?

Chicken + Parm. Yes. Yes*.

*if by eat, you mean devour

I think I probably want to eat Chicken Parm. TJ, unhand the chicken. No, give me the chicken. I don't want to have to run after-- TJ, DAMMIT!

I was thisclose to changing my AW handle to Pollyanna tonight. For serious. :Shrug:

o_O

So that phone interview that went really well the other week? They hired someone else. :(

:(

You'll find the right match somewhere out there.

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com

And I decided to run back out to the used book store for a copy of The Prestige. I got a slightly worn copy but had to stick with the trade paperback with the Dullest Cover Evar.

I ate a triple serving (give or take) of frozen yogurt to make up for the dullness.

yes - I also have The Prestige with the dullest cover evar... and that movie had the Jackman in it. No fairz.

yay, froze yogurtz

I think she needs to know the parm is parmesian... if I am correct here.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/chicken-parmigiana-recipe/index.html

*makes sure the writing cave and the editing cave are filled with delicious snacks and drinks*

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score

Aww, sorry amergina. On to the next one!

Totally the first one. It's way more energetic, and slightly less creepy.

And, I may be developing a migraine, first one in...a year? Yay. (Not yay)

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score

Bums :( Keep applying. Hopefully you'll find something soon :Hug2:

*if by eat, you mean devour
You mean parmasan cheese? Cheesy chicken? ARE WE TALKING ABOUT CHEESY CHICKEN HERE PEOPLE?

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Gina - whenever a door opens, a window closes....

Well, depending on the air pressure in the building. Sometimes the window doesn't move, but the drop ceiling kind of flutters. Not sure what that means for job opportunities.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, cheesy chicken. Sooo. Gooood.

yes - I also have The Prestige with the dullest cover evar... and that movie had the Jackman in it. No fairz.

yay, froze yogurtz

I think she needs to know the parm is parmesian... if I am correct here.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/chicken-parmigiana-recipe/index.html

*makes sure the writing cave and the editing cave are filled with delicious snacks and drinks*

:)

Totally the first one. It's way more energetic, and slightly less creepy.

And, I may be developing a migraine, first one in...a year? Yay. (Not yay)

As you wish.

:Jump:

And I hope that migrane demon doesn't stay.

Oh! In other news! I got a copy of Buffy 1 (the comic prequel omnisomething book) for about 6 bucks from Hastings via Amazon. There are plenty of copies available from various sellers. Get your Buffy fix.

Buffy Season 8 (comic) is going to be re-released with extras soon. Google if you want to preorder it...

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I read the Prestige and it blew my mind - if you saw the movie, you think you know what happens...

but you don't know what happens...

and that would be a fantasy, I think, albeit a Victorian era one.

And it won the World Fantasy Award.

I'm a huge Christopher Priest fan. He was interviewed at a BSFA meeting last week and I got him to sign my copy of The Islanders. Although I've met him, I know his other half (Nina Allan) rather better and have done for lohger. She's a very fine writer in her own right.

The Prestige is a good place to start with Priest. The film is a little different to the book but faithful to it in spirit.

So. It's on :D

Just bought my ticket for Alt.Fiction here in Leicester in April. My first ever convention! :D

Have a good time! I went to one Alt.Fiction a few years ago when it was a one-dayer in Derby. Unfortunately I can't go this year as it's the weekend after Eastercon and I can't justify/afford to go to both.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.