Say Mac, how much is in our AW Strike Fund?

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
I only realized that there was a strike last night when Mr. Turkey informed me that "How I Met Your Mother" was going to be a re-run for the next few weeks. (Hmmm... maybe I should read the news more often.)

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
What's the strike in reason with?
Do you mean, "What's the reason for the strike?" ;)

Has something to do with intellectual property and being paid for it. I'm not following it that closely, but the writers believe they should be paid for DVD sales and for internet podcasts (which, I guess, the studios don't view as actual broadcasts, so they don't feel the writers should get paid).

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
Do you mean, "What's the reason for the strike?" ;)

Has something to do with intellectual property and being paid for it. I'm not following it that closely, but the writers believe they should be paid for DVD sales and for internet podcasts (which, I guess, the studios don't view as actual broadcasts, so they don't feel the writers should get paid).

Yes. :D Was setting out my historical speaking there. I can relate to the view of the writers. How comes a compromise has not come hand in hand yet? Is that why the strike is happening? To accomplish something? Is it happening all over the US?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Yes. :D Was setting out my historical speaking there. I can relate to the view of the writers. How comes a compromise has not come hand in hand yet? Is that why the strike is happening? To accomplish something? Is it happening all over the US?
The WGA (Writers Guild of America) is on strike for unfair practices in distributing monies from "other" markets to the writers who worked on these shows.

Residules. I support the WGA in their efforts to share in other market revenues. While the producers and networks make money from the sale of on-line sources they expect the writers to be happy with their current payments.

What the WGA is doing helps all writers ensure they receive a fair share of the profits from "ALL" sources of income.

That's my opinion.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
The WGA (Writers Guild of America) is on strike for unfair practices in distributing monies from "other" markets to the writers who worked on these shows.

Residules. I support the WGA in their efforts to share in other market revenues. While the producers and networks make money from the sale of on-line sources they expect the writers to be happy with their current payments.

What the WGA is doing helps all writers ensure they receive a fair share of the profits from "ALL" sources of income.

That's my opinion.
I agree.

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com

That's my opinion.

I understand. That's fair.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Meerkat, Mac left me in charge of the AW Strike Fund, but I’m not at liberty to discuss amounts. I can tell you there was is PLENTY in there.
Sorry, I used the money for my woman last night and a six pack of beer. I'm not sure which cost more though.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
...exactly the direction we anticipate this thread to take. All too predictable...
WE ROCK!!!!!

(that is your point, innit, Meerkat?);)