Status
Not open for further replies.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I'm finishing up my resume because I'm applying for a position that opened up at work. It's their last chance to promote me before I look for greener pastures.

Then I'll totally check it out. Also, I've found some places that have tutorials about decorating your own canvas tennis shoes. I totally wanna do that!

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, hon.

I would love to make some cool canvas shoes so I could be a shoe horse like my sister. I think she has over 100 pair at any given time.

I never got that whole shoe addiction thing. I own two pairs of shoes. I think. I haven't seen the one pair in about six months. Anyway, both pairs are black flats, suitable for casual or dressy, Walmart cheapies, and more than I need.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I used to work with a girl who owned sixty pairs of heels. Just heels. She had an unnamed number of non-heels.

I only have two feet, why do I need more than two shoes? And unless I'm going into town (which I only do twice a week), I prefer going without. Hello? Hillbilly here!

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm one of those million pairs of shoes kind of girls. A good portion of them are seasonal shoes - sandals for summer, boots for winter, and so on. Some are just for dressing up. I go to a lot of formal balls. When you're as short as I am, you want a heeled and flat option for everything.

And really, deadly women in deadly shoes. Isn't that one of those winning combinations?

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yes. I have a variety of different heel heights. Eight inches, I think, is the tallest pair I've got. They're ankle-breakers.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
I'm not really a shoe person, well, I am kind of, but not really. I own three pairs of boots, and three pairs of sneakers. Oh, and a pair of flipflops. I only wear one pair regularly though, a pair of girly sneakers by DC.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
You would be surprised how much a difference eight inches of heel makes in how people treat a person. Without them, I get treated a lot more like I'm a teenager/child. In heels - on eye level with the average human type person - I get a lot less of the condescending kid treatment.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Hounds.

I only have two feet, why do I need more than two shoes? And unless I'm going into town (which I only do twice a week), I prefer going without. Hello? Hillbilly here!

I only have the two pairs - plain black ones which I wear to work, and a pair of trainers. I've bought my shoes online for years now, as it's very hard to find UK size 12 shoes in shops. I have bigger feet than is usual for my height (6'0").

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I have a friend who has monster-sized feet. I think she's a US size 14 Women's. She wears a lot of shoes for dudes.

Speaking of large shoes, I didn't realize there were so many shows dedicated to finding Bigfoot. My mother is a little obsessed right now, and there are no shortages of shows for her to watch.

I sorta can't wait to see what hits big next - faeries again, you think? I'd love to see banshees get some screen time, or other death omens.

But y'all know me, I'm a sucker for a good death omen.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
You would be surprised how much a difference eight inches of heel makes in how people treat a person. Without them, I get treated a lot more like I'm a teenager/child. In heels - on eye level with the average human type person - I get a lot less of the condescending kid treatment.

Okay, you have my attention. I'm six feet tall. Adding another eight inches to my height..... Yeah, that could be entertaining, now I think about it.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
I sorta can't wait to see what hits big next - faeries again, you think? I'd love to see banshees get some screen time, or other death omens.

But y'all know me, I'm a sucker for a good death omen.
:idea: I don't know. I thought it was going to be chupacabra. :Shrug:

I think it's helpful to look at what's happening socially and politically with the world, to see anything that's of importance/relevance/interest especially. Then look for the last time those things were front and center and what was popular in fiction then. Often times it just repeats itself, you know?

Maybe it'll still be vamps or zombies or fae or whatever, but they'll have some new twist to them that reflects our current concerns and preoccupations.

Okay, you have my attention. I'm six feet tall. Adding another eight inches to my height..... Yeah, that could be entertaining, now I think about it.
:tongue That'd be rad. Just sayin.

Morning, hounds. I just wrote a scene where a character has his arms ripped off. :D Such is the life of a horror writer.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I have incredibly wide feet--I wear EEEE so it's very hard for me to find shoes. Hence, I can't find a decent pair of 6-inch heels.

Bri, we talked about this. We should have our own show about the monsters and crap in Alaska. All kinds of night-vision video and us gasping in awe and going, "what was that?????"

We'll be rich and we could afford to stop working and write full time.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
:roll: Ohmygod. That'd be a hoot. You two would have great chemistry.

Bri would be the strong one and I'd be a big pansy. I would constantly say things like, "are you sure this is a good idea?"

And then Bri would punch me in the arm and say, "Man-up and let's go!"

Status
Not open for further replies.