XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
Probably won't see shame. Why would I watch something I live in?

Just finished a plotline in my sequel. Made me very sad. Sweet character dies. . . . . again.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Because you have a bad IT support team. :( *comforts and hugs*

Bad? How about incompetent and poorly trained with horrible understandings of appropriate timeframes? Apparently a big boss is working on getting them to hit the magic switch that lets me do my job.

I believe, given the hashtag, that those are Chirper chats and you must give into the tweet to participate.

Also, should I be lucky enough to secure a better job with reasonable hours, one of the first things I want to do is reincarnate the AW Thursday SFF chat by coordinating and promoting the zombie juices right out of that sucker.

My schedule now doesn't allow it, but if it did.... Back in the day, hubs used to pull kid duty those evening so I could participate.

Oh. That's also IRC. And the chats were fun back in the day, but someone made them unfun and the leaders got busy.

Good morning, all!

I rediscovered the craziness of the vet's office last night. It's the only place I seem to be able to spend $800 in 5 seconds. :(

See, I'm in the wrong line of veterinary work. Just kidding. That sucks. Even I hate big vet bills. Hope kitteh is okay.

aliwood & jallenecs> :e2salute:

Jallenecs> EXACTLY. :D

Twilight makes me glad I have sons instead of daughters. The boys heckle Twilight stuff right along with me, especially since their bio-mom made them watch all the movies when they went to visit her.

Crapolla.... The piles on my desk just had a few dozen litters of paper kittens. >.< *runs to dig herself out before lunch*

Kittens! ...oh, you didnt mean spontaneous generation... Bummer.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And thank you for the hugs folks. The computer became less important because I had to spend the afternoon chasing a wild goose. The fun continues in the mornig, but at least I get to work with someone kewl when chasing down information.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
And thank you for the hugs folks. The computer became less important because I had to spend the afternoon chasing a wild goose.

I think you're the only person I know who has actually been on a real wild goose chase.

JMercedesD

Our Angels are Different
Registered
Reaction score
That's...a little odd.
I didn't mean the comment to sound odd, though, looking back, my wording could have given the wrong impression. LOL I meant that they heckle the movies and fandom because they've SEEN said craziness, not because it was their mom they saw it with. ^.^;;; They have a little sister, too, so if they wanted to go see a movie with mom and sis that day, they had to put up with the fact that it was Twilight. LOL

Kittens! ...oh, you didnt mean spontaneous generation... Bummer.
I wish. Real kittens would would have brought the office to a relieving standstill. :D

Ack, work is over for the day!!! Sorry for not being able keep up with everything and comment on the important stuff!

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Bad? How about incompetent and poorly trained with horrible understandings of appropriate timeframes? Apparently a big boss is working on getting them to hit the magic switch that lets me do my job.

:( I hate to hear about horrible IT staff... It just let's the whole side down! If *I* was your IT support, Fen, you'd not only have a working copy of whatever software you needed, but an apology. Not that that's any help to you, but... Yeah. We're not all that bad, I promise. :) (And, sometimes when we are, it's because no one tells us when new people are starting... :rant: heh)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL: No, not a literal goose. A figurative goose chase.

If I were in wildlife rehab then I'd be prolly chasing geese. We don't have geese at work. Just turkeys. Again, not literally. ;)

Besides, I'm a Super. If there's a bird running around I inform someone and look displeased while others try and catch it. Oi.

:( I hate to hear about horrible IT staff... It just let's the whole side down! If *I* was your IT support, Fen, you'd not only have a working copy of whatever software you needed, but an apology. Not that that's any help to you, but... Yeah. We're not all that bad, I promise. :) (And, sometimes when we are, it's because no one tells us when new people are starting... :rant: heh)

Uh, I wish you were managing my IT team. I've been working since last year! Cheers :)

Andelana

Registered
Reaction score
Uh, I wish you were managing my IT team. I've been working since last year! Cheers :)

oh, boy. Yeah... That's just bad. Argh. It really does do my head in to hear stuff like this. It's a bit like where I work now. I'm lucky, because my local department has a (very) small training budget, but so many departments don't. And there's no central funding we can apply for, either, so we spend a fair amount of our time just trying to keep up with things and train ourselves up while still trying to do the rest/main parts of our jobs. It's even harder for someone like me, who doesn't have a lot of formal training; not much to build on, so everything I'm learning is from scratch.

(er, not that I'm saying your chaps aren't just incompetent... Hehe. It just reminded me of one of my torches this year: getting proper training budgets for the university's arts, humanities and social sciences departments. I'll be quiet now.

Well, except to say: OMG, I'm covered in kitties and I'm sooooooooo thirsty! But we're freezing and they're comfortable and I can't move because they're on my legs! But at least they're getting on well enough to cuddle up together on my legs. :) I might die of thirst, but they're being friendly... Heh. :)

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Had a meeting. Think I made a dude cry. I mean, he kept repeating, "That's a good question, a very good question." and became glassy-eyed and wandered right off afterwards. Poor dude.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It will take you at least two days to die of thirst. Suffer a few hours with the kittehs. :)

And I still think the goose misunderstanding is hilarious. I'm all thinking I'ma cleaver with the words and everyone is all Literally?!??!!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm crushed... crushed... :(

Though, I suspect that chasing wild geese may be about as smart as chasing a rooster... birds--not to be trifled with.

Or herding kittens.

Though I do have mad guinea herding skills. Not as great with the chasing and catching though.

Had a meeting. Think I made a dude cry. I mean, he kept repeating, "That's a good question, a very good question." and became glassy-eyed and wandered right off afterwards. Poor dude.

You should have asked for a written response before the end of shift.

What? I'm not studying Evil Work Politics just for survival. It has tons of entertaining applications.

Andelana

Registered
Reaction score
we used to have an IT person.... as a matter of fact, we had THEE IT person... if their username was to be believed.

Lemme guess: god@restofemail? That's proper old school, that is... Heh :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a feel good article for the day (except for the killing and the political manipulation and war crap). But a husband and wife were brave enough to save people while surrounded by danger daily.

The Zoo Director Who Saved Jews- http://www.warsawvoice.pl/WVpage/pages/article.php/18143/article

There's a book on it if anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.