Status
Not open for further replies.

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
I started and finished Lock and Key by Sara Dessen today. It was good, except I wish the ending had just a tinsy bit more about what happened with one of the characters. I will for sure be picking up another one, it's nice to read stand alone novels for a change!

Anyone want to tell me what the best novel of hers is?

Tomorrow I am starting Frostbite, the second in the Vampire Academy series.

tarkine

Learning the trade
Registered
Reaction score
Okay we seriously need to become friends lol. I have read both Hush, Hush and Cresendo, though, the relationship between Patch and Nora is a little iffy, cause most of the time he's a bit of a jerk lol I loved them.

I burned through all the Vampire Kisses a few months back but I do like them a lot, they are super cute!

I'm also a sucker for the Blue Bloods :)

I just picked up the second novel in The Vampire Academy Frostbite, I read the first one awhile back and really enjoyed it.

I also took a risk and went a little on the outside of my usual realm of books at picked up a Sarah Dessen novel, Lock and Key. I've heard great things about her books and am super happy that they are stand along novels.

Just have to decide which one I should read next. What are you reading these days?

I'm re-reading Claudia Gray's Evernight series, because I like the beginning. I picked up a book called Hunger (can't remember who wrote it).

I read The Poision Diaries in a day and a bit. I'm looking forward to the next one, due out later this year. It had a twist I didn't see coming.

I'm trying to read a compliation of short stories about Prom hell (with Meg Cabot and Steph Meyers) but it's pretty slow reading.

Debating whether to get an Ebook reader, because I seem to be spending a small fortune on books.

I've got the first Blue blood book around somewhere, but I keep finding excuses not to read it - started but it didnt' hold my attention.

Vamp Academy series is pretty good. I've read all of them and felt that she did the right thing in letting the story finish where she did.

Yeah we should be friends - or at least live close enough so we can swap books, so we don't have to keep buying the same series!

bri_ness

Registered
Reaction score
I started and finished Lock and Key by Sara Dessen today. It was good, except I wish the ending had just a tinsy bit more about what happened with one of the characters. I will for sure be picking up another one, it's nice to read stand alone novels for a change!

I love Lock and Key! I think The Truth About Forever is her best book, though that's obviously subjective. Along for the Ride is up there as well.

I'm currently reading Feeling Sorry for Celia by Jaclyn Moriarty, which I'm loving, and Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott, which I recognize as an incredible book, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get through it.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love Lock and Key! I think The Truth About Forever is her best book, though that's obviously subjective. Along for the Ride is up there as well.

I'm currently reading Feeling Sorry for Celia by Jaclyn Moriarty, which I'm loving, and Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott, which I recognize as an incredible book, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get through it.

You know, I've never read a Sarah Dessen book. The Truth About Forever is currently on my bookshelf; I just haven't read it, yet. Guess I should!

LOVED Feeling Sorry for Celia. And Living Dead Girl is worth reading, but it's definitely intense. I doubt I'll ever re-read it.

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score

I liked Just Listen the best, but The Truth About Forever was also really good.

strawberryblondie

Registered
Reaction score

Someone Like You is my favorite.

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
I liked Just Listen the best, but The Truth About Forever was also really good.

When I re-read these two, Just Listen came out the winner for me as well (although initially The Truth About Forever was my favourite). There's just something a little bit too perfect about TTAF.

I finished Songs of a Teenage Nomad, which I thought was excellent. The writing is so gorgeous in some places. Except it did kind of build up a whole bunch of big mysteries which seemed slightly needless. I got frustrated with it at times.

I'm about to begin Zitface by Emily Hawse.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Finished Fall for Anything. Beautiful book. Courtney Summers has quickly become one of my favorite authors.

But Some Girls Are is still my fave (it's my least favorite cover, though...). :rolleyes:

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And next, I'm reading The Truth About Forever, just so I can participate in the dicussion!

eventidepress

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Anna and the French Kiss. Now deciding what to read next.... hmmm.

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score
When I re-read these two, Just Listen came out the winner for me as well (although initially The Truth About Forever was my favourite). There's just something a little bit too perfect about TTAF.

Agreed. Loved the characters though and I think that's where Dessen really shines. It's really hard to get into her books initially, but I haven't regretted reading one yet.

And next, I'm reading The Truth About Forever, just so I can participate in the dicussion!

And then you'll have to read Just Listen!!

Finished Fall for Anything. Beautiful book. Courtney Summers has quickly become one of my favorite authors.

Ditto. I need to get FFA. It's next on my buy list.

Currently reading Hate List. I'm really liking it so far and the subject is very powerful (though all of the flashbacks confuse me at times). I've been volunteering at a high school and on thursday they had an emergency drill where the students had to get down behind the counters and stuff. Now keep in mind that when I went to high school there was no such thing as emergency drills like that (except for fires and tornadoes) so it kind of got me all choked up to think about something like that happening. And now, I'm reading this book. Funny how that works.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
Finished WINTERGIRLS by Laurie Halse Anderson. The best YA book I've read in a long time - searing, unflinching, powerful. I loved the way she used the format of the text to help tell the story and pulled it off so it never felt gimmicky.

Am now about to start GULLSTRUCK ISLAND by Frances Hardinge because eyeblink lent me his copy and it's been shamefully sitting on my shelves for about a year.

MM

AlishaS

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Finished Frostbite by ?Richelle Mead?

Anyways it was great... no I'm outta books again lol Today however I am going to take a trip to the used bookstore, which I usually never do but the way I am chewing through books this last couple of weeks... I need to save a bit of money :)

Hopefully they have more Dessen and Mead there!

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I read Jumpstart The World. I enjoyed the story and characterization, but I thought it got a bit After School Special Messagey at the end (not the stuff about embracing people for who they are, but the stuff about jumpstarting the world).

Now reading Unwind, and I'm teetering between enjoying the action and the freshman-level philosophizing, and laughing at the extreme implausibility.

AlishaS

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I picked up Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead, so that's what I'm reading. I was dissapointed however to find that the last two books in the series are hardcover... I hate having to buy hard cover when the rest of the series I own is in trade back. It has to be all or nothing in my world.

Last edited:

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I picked up Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead, so that's what I'm reading. I was dissapointed however to find that the last two books in the series are hardcover... I hate having to buy hard cover when the rest of the series I own is in trade back. It as to be all or nothing in my world.
If you wait long enough, it will be in paperback

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
An ARC of You Killed Wesley Payne by Sean Beaudoin. Loved his last book Fade to Blue so I was eager to get my hands on this one. I've read three pages and it's just as much of a mind f*** as the last one.

Lydia Sharp

for the love of love
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lydiasharp.blogspot.com
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE edited by Emilia Rhodes of Simon Pulse.

This book includes two novels: LANGUAGE OF LOVE by Deborah Reber and CUPIDITY by Caroline Goode. Both are romantic comedies.

Finished LANGUAGE OF LOVE yesterday. Very cute story.

AlishaS

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I finished Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead today, and I have to say I am a little outraged about what happened to one of the characters, Dimitri.

Now, I'm starting The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen, though I wish I would have bought the next Vampire Academy book lol.

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently reading Patrick Ness' next book: A MONSTER CALLS. It's written from an idea by Siobhan Dowd, who unfortunately died before she could complete it.

It's a dark fantasy centred around family. It's chilling and wonderfully written. I'm loving it a lot.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm 3/4 through The Truth About Forever, and not really loving it. It's not bad or anything. It's just not that engaging, in my opinion.

I'll chime in when I've finished it. But honestly, I'm in no hurry. I've only read as much as I have because I took a snow day and was extremely lazy today.

Status
Not open for further replies.