Braggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats again to Melinda and PD, and to bpreslar for that first W1S1 story sale!

Last edited:

pyragelos

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Wow Pyragelos, your story at Kazka is really intense. Sai, nice blog post.

Wow, I'm away from AW for a few days and look how much braggage there is! Congrats everyone, and Melinda! Two in one day?! Amazing :) Glad you, uhm, liked (if one can like such things) "The Bleeding Game."

mhaynes

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
I've been away for a while, and it's great to see all the good news around here!

I sold a science fiction story this week to Metro Moms. It should be published later this month.

Pyragelos, I liked your story quite a bit as well. Rather obviously, I suppose. ;)

O'Dandelo

Registered
Reaction score
Looking over the last few pages here...too much good news, so I have no choice but to throw a giant congratulations blanket over all of you! Great work, everyone.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the Colored Lens sale, Simon!

I sold "The Sgovari Stratagem" to Interstellar Fiction for their August issue. It's 4000 words and it took just over 4 months from submission to acceptance.

Also, "True Love" is out in Daily Science Fiction today (for email subscribers. Up on the web next week.)

Finally, I will be a guest-speaker at the SF Association of Bergen County this Saturday at the B&N in Hackensack. Anyone out in NJ, come out and hang with us! It's a free event. I will also be at the Book NJ expo on the following day.

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Michael - they are a nice market to deal with; and congrats Alex for multiple braggage!

I don't have acceptance braggage but a dark story I read out to my writing class last week, that I wrote as an exercise in mood, inspired a nightmare in one of my class members. It's the first time I know my writing has been so effective.

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
W00T!
Just got a 70-day acceptance from Pseudopod for "Penance," which they described as "short, nasty fun." This marks my first sale to any of the Pod-family. I'm so happy that I will finally have one of my stories released in audio!
:snoopy:

And congrats to Michael, Alex and anyone I may have missed on recent braggage!

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
W00T!
Just got a 70-day acceptance from Pseudopod for "Penance," which they described as "short, nasty fun." This marks my first sale to any of the Pod-family. I'm so happy that I will finally have one of my stories released in audio!

Congrats! I look forward to hearing it :).

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Woot! congrats on all recent braggage

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
W00T!

Yay, congratulations!

mrajotte

Inkslinging Insomniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.maryrajotte.com
W00T!

Short, nasty fun? Sounds like my type of story! Congrats!

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, folks! Lots of good news in here lately. :)

I just wanted to drop in and announce that I do have confirmation that In the Cool of the Day will be out in the July issue of Abyss & Apex. I seem to recall that someone else was going to be in that issue as well. (Renard79, maybe?)

Keep up the good work, people. :)

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Great news, Aggy!

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
W00T!

I knew you could do it!

Speaking of which, 82 days to an acceptance from...wait for it...Pseudopod! "The Eulogy of Darien Meek" will be up on their site October 4th. They said it was mysterious with some horrific imagery. So flattering!

Also this is the first time anyone is paying me for my fiction. Insert super, uber-duber excitement happy-time here.

And congrats on all the recent braggage. I just love it when this thread is busy.

EDIT: Big edit, actually. Thanks a ton to Xenospora and soapdish for beat-reading this for me. Couldn't have done it without you guys/girls/beings from another planet.

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Aggy, that's me! I have two poems in the July issue: "The Lift Equation" and "If Sappho Studied Egyptology". See you in the ToC. :D

Congrats, Niccolo! That's great news!

Status
Not open for further replies.