Greetings from The Lone Star

JB Hare

Registered
Reaction score
Good evening,

I'm a Texas transplant who grew up hunting and fishing in rural Arkansas. I also grew up reading a lot more than the other children. I wrote stories as a kid, won writing competitions in high school. Then came the partying, college, more belligerent behavior, corporate world, and the teaching profession. Life happened, and writing took a decades long hiatus. I'm an old married fellow, fluent Spanish speaker, and I just ended a twelve year career in bilingual education to go into sales. So now I set my own hours, and I'm writing again.

I grew up a Bond junkie, but there were things I wanted him to do and encounter that never happened. As an adult I didn't want to go into fan fiction so I created my own character with his own history and my own villains and organizations. I'm about 30,000 words into this first action thriller so it's still an infant. I find the process very exciting. I'm hoping I can interact and learn from the good folks here.

So feel free to say hello, and "Woo Pig" if anyone else is from the Natural State.

Regards,

JB Hare

JB Hare

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Cathy C, and well met. Colorado is a beautiful place.

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome from a Native Texan who transplanted to Florida. You know the saying though..."you can take the Texan out of Texas, but you can never take the Texas out of a Texan."

JB Hare

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Beachgirl, I'm not a native Texan, but Texas has been good to me. I have no plans to leave anytime soon. Archangel, the Cowboys need some help!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
Welcome JB, as the old saying goes, you may not have been born in Texas, but you got here as fast as you could (g). I was a movie Bond fan, but tried to read the Bond novels and didn't care for them. There were plenty of spy fiction characters better than Bond. Your novel sounds like a fun read. Visit my Blog sometime.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Even Though I'm a Redskins Fan...

:welcome: - JB...

Can I just say Woo Pig anyway? It's such a cool phrase, yanno, and I am one of the cool peeps. :D

JB Hare

Registered
Reaction score
Lavern08, I find anyone who watched Lavern & Shirley to be among the cool peeps, and yes, to hear "Wooo Pig" is a beautiful thing to me.