DEA Arrests Medical Marijuana Grower in California

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Whole article here.
Last week, the Drug War Chronicle reports, the Drug Enforcement Administration made its first arrests related to medical marijuana since Attorney General Eric Holder promised not to prosecute people who are complying with state law.

Apparently US Attorney General Holder forgot his statement of February 25.
Speaking at a press conference on Feb. 25 with DEA Administrator Michele Leonhart, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters that ending federal medical marijuana raids "is now American policy."
President Obama indicated he would end the DEA raids during his presidential campaign, a position reiterated by the White House following DEA raids in raids which took placeon February 4. In response to a question last night about DEA raids at medical marijuana facilities in California, Holder said, "What the President said during the campaign...is consistent with what we will be doing here in law enforcement. He was my boss in the campaign....He is my boss now. What he said in the campaign is now American policy."

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Obama also said he supported gay marriage and gays in the military. he said he wouldn't raise taxes. he said he'd close gitmo. Are you honestly surprised he lied about this promise too?

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
My guess is it's a polite fiction, and pretty much anybody can walk in, claim incipient glaucoma, and get a script. (I made all that up. Anybody got real stats?)

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
Formerly a very funny pic of Mickey with a doob . . .

Last edited:

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Obama also said he supported gay marriage and gays in the military. he said he wouldn't raise taxes. he said he'd close gitmo. Are you honestly surprised he lied about this promise too?
Don't forget that five day waiting period for public comments once a bill hits his desk...
jzxgfl.jpg
I think I smell a copyright violation...

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
Can I help it if I google "Mickey Mouse smoking Pot" and get 38,400 hits?

Last edited: