The Old Neverending PublishAmerica Thread (Publish America)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuppGal

Re:black covers

my cover is distasteful enough, but if they dared sell a copy of my book with just a black cover they would have one very pissed off southern gal...

And they wouldn't want 110 pounds of me marching up to them no sir-re-bob...I'm almost tall enough to reach their kneecaps, I am..

Tina

Ed Williams 3

Man, whomever PA has deleting postings...

...must have a cramp in their finger today!

:p :evil

XThe NavigatorX

Re: A special welcome

Man. That was fast. Though I think the cover issue is a Lightning Source thing and not a PA thing.

TuppGal

Re: covers

my cover was suppose to invoke southern warmth, and now looks like something you take penicillin for.

tina

BTW: Sherry, I'm expecting poems from you for the book.... I know you have it in you, lol

StephanieCordray

Book covers

I've often wondered if they allow you to provide your own. I was working on one for one of you and they rushed her book through production so fast after she rejected the first cover provided I didn't have time to do more than start it. By the time I sent her the starting image she told me it was already sent to the printers.

darbyj

my cover was suppose to invoke southern warmth, and now looks like something you take penicillin for

As a medical technologist, I find that VERY funny!:rollin

Hello to all who said hello to those no one says hello to. I think my insecurity is showing.

Lisa

TuppGal

Re:Not to be one-upped

hello to those who said Hello to all who said hello to those no one says hello to.

*feels most smuggish*

tina

TuppGal

Re:bad Atlanta Nights Review

Dislike the principle! by Bobby
Fri 28 Jan 2:46 pm EST 2005
Truly, WELL PROVEN WRITERS HAVE SHOWN THEY ARE ( SIC ) AND BORED. Many new writers use Lulu to start a possible writing carrier. Your thrust at PA shows your uncare as to writers trying to come through by using Lulu. Yes, thank you Lulu for being here.

But, this comical sad offering HIGHLIGHTS THE BOREDOM OF KNOW CREATIVE WRITERS. Is this sic humor? A joke created from over drinking and boredom?

It certainly gets my 3 thumbs down.

and his profile:

Bobby...Yes that is me, and I AM A PUBLISHED AUTHOR. Just as the boys created a sic joke..So have I exposed it. It is a sad day within literature. MY OPINION OF COURSE!

Minnesota
United States

My deepest apologies to authors trying to write and publish at Lulu. This out cry is NOT LULU'S FAULT. Lulu is being used and this also is a sad event that highlights the sic drama created.......The game is exposed!

--------------

can we send him to his room without any dinner?
Tina

The Real Joe Shmoe

Re: WOW!!

triceretops, anyone else who care to listen-

Now I think we are getting somewhere.

I believe I was (slightly) mis-understood in a couple of things here.

Let me try again.

Yes, PA is "inhumane" to it's authors, from what I've seen/heard/know. I don't need to re-cite examples it's been done to death.

I am absolutely opposed to them PA and their tactics.

What I was trying to get across as to the "11,000 happys" statement was this: Perhaps there are (more than a few) who just wanted to get their book into a tangeble form, and nothing more- those would be the "happys". I wasn't trying to say all "11,000" were "happys".

I have know HB for years and years, and I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY HE DOES WHAT HE DOES. I no longer question it, maybe because we have been friends for so long. Once again, I don't need to defend him, he's a big boy.

When I made the "childish" statement that seems to have upset more than a few here, I was merely trying to point out that by certain actions/words of some posting here, "we" (being participants in this thread) can be seen as bitter, hateful, incoherent heretics. This doesn't help when viewed by outsiders-BBB and the Maryland DA notwithstanding.

My intention was NOT to stir it up here, unless you consider stepping back and reviewing ones words/actions as "stiring it up". I was actually trying to help out by stating that to the outsider (which I was until recently) things didn't look much different here than "over there".

I absolutely commend the efforts of James, Dee, Kate, Victoria, Dave and others in their effort to topple the tyrant that is PA.

Do you still think I'm HB or "one of his minions"? Please, that's tired.

Oh, about that retraction......save it. I understand the high emotion, and passion that can be felt when fighting for what one believes is their "just cause".

Once again I'm sorry, but if only for having upset a few here to get my point across. Perhaps my "technique" needs a little polishing?

Be well,

The Real "Joe Shmoe"

Zazopolis

Re: PA Employees

The only message board with more cheese than this one is the PA board or some weird Wisconsin site.

'tis to laugh.

afanofthetruth

The Bob

Oh Bob, you know you like your board heavy on the cheese..lol. :b

You're hilarious, as always.

Sher2

Sherry, I'm expecting poems from you for the book.... I know you have it in you, lol

Okay, I done pulled it outta me. You've got mail, Tina. Trust me, I've had way too much headache medication today.;)

Sherry

TuppGal

Re: A few things.....

too much medication will make for a delightful read... and probably numbs you so you won't be thinking of how dreadful the poems really are, lol..

thanks a ton.

Tina

The Real Joe Shmoe

Re: PA Employees

"The only message board with more cheese than this one is the PA board or some weird Wisconsin site."

Hi Bob.
Your picture is nearly a mirror image of the one from "the other place".;)

TuppGal

Re: forum going down

I didn't realise I was that addicted...

thankfully I found a way to pass time ;) but welcome back. Where were we?:)

Tina

Ed Williams 3

I was just checking out...

...a few spots on the web, and man, the word about "Atlanta Nights" is really getting out there. This is such a riot. That book could end up outselling anything PA has ever done, it has the potential to be a cult classic.

Tina, I enjoyed composing what will prove to be poetry that surpasses today's known parameters for your future epistle. I've never written poetry in my life, it's like some unseen hand is guiding me as the melodic words float from my fingertips...

P.S. I do have a question, check yer messages here.

pasoroblan2003

This Is Getting Weird

After the WP article came out and PA publicly called Paula Span a "liar" and told blatant lies about some of the authors in the article, I emailed PA and told them I was appalled at their behavior and told them I was ashamed to be associated with them. I was not expecting a response, I didn't think they'd bother, but I got one. FYI, the reference to me "harassing" them is because I've sent a number of emails asking them to explain missing royalties. Also, please note the "police" reference they make. Is that meant to impress? Or intimidate? I tell ya folks, this is getting really weird. Here ya go:

Ms. Paris,
How does it make you feel to always be on the wrong side of an argument, to
always side with the wrong people, to always find something to whine about?
Can you sleep at night knowing that once again you made the wrong choices,
picked the wrong allies, championed the wrong case?
You have been harassing this company now for a long, long time, and you
must stop this as of today. You are wasting everybody's time, most of all
your own.
You side with an extremely small minority of extremists, who are the only
ones in the whole wide world who agree with you. Everybody else praises
PublishAmerica for who we are and what we do, for our openness and our
old-school professionalism. Your clique went to the media in hopes of doing
damage to what is now recognized nationwide to be the country's fastest
growing publishing company, yet instead you have achieved the opposite.
We are receiving messages and phone calls from all over the country from
people who have read the Associated Press article about us in their local
newspaper, wishing us well, offering their books for publication, offering
their business services, or in the case of the Baltimore City Police,
calling to simply congratulate us on behalf of their entire corps after
reading about our successes in the Baltimore Sun, (circulation similar to
the Washington Post's) and to thank us for our contribution to society.
And you are "absolutely sickened"? If so, then there must be something else
that's ailing you, because it cannot be us. And we know of eleven thousand
happy PublishAmerica authors who would readily agree with us.

Thank you,
Author Support Team
[email protected]

winniemitzandme

black covers

And they wouldn't want 110 pounds of me marching up to them no sir-re-bob...I'm almost tall enough to reach their kneecaps, I am..

Tina, you crack me up!

V

TuppGal

Re: PRWEB link

Thanks...I've cracked me up too....here lately I'm mostly crack down.

astonwest

Re: black covers

Strange, either my e-mail server has finally marked them off as spammers or PA has taken me off their list, as I have yet to see anything resembling a letter from them...

(of course, they aren't trying to bilk money from me, either, so that may explain it......)

:hat
Big Daddy West

p.s. Myself, I can't recall being greeted here either...and honestly, most of my postings fall by the wayside...but I couldn't honestly care one way or another......

TuppGal

Re: Re:hello's

you realise I will now be trying my darndest for one of those letters.....

tina

Status
Not open for further replies.