• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[YADS] NewbBay

JulesJones

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julesjones.com
Spammed me with an email that read in part:

Still Looking for a place to publish your next BIG idea?

Started by novelists, nonfiction writers, and freelancers just like you!

1. Try Write & Publish at the same time!?
Here's an article on NewbBay: How it works for readers, and why it's their best choice since the dawn of content publishing.

The bottom of the email includes the usual "manage your subscription" links, plus a "why did I receive this email" link. Clicking that gets me the information that:

About writers society

You were subscribed to this list because: Thank you for having shown interests in writing / publishing, NewbBay is the most innovative self-publishing platform everyone has been talking about!

Right. I've never heard of this outfit before, under either name, but I was subscribed to their marketing list without my input because I've shown interests in writing/publishing. Obviously the ideal place to publish my novel.

JulesJones

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julesjones.com
I didn't even get that far. :) The spamming and the poor English were more than enough to put them on my Do Not Touch With Bargepole list.

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
God, why?

Though the "since the dawn of content publishing" made me smile. Or grimace. My face did something, anyway.

P.S. I actually watched the nerve-wracking graphic. They put the books up and charge by the chapter so you "only pay for what you read."

Also, why would you name your business Newb Bay. Why would you advertise you're working with a bunch of newbies? That, or kids with their chatspeak these days will think it as new baby.

It's another crap venture for writers desperate to be "published" to waste time and money on and end up disappointed. One goes away, three spring up in its place.

Last edited:

Bicyclefish

Pedaling Pescado
Registered
Reaction score
According to this article Paul Wallis is their "Chief Publicity Officer" though this site identifies him as "editor". It also names Paul Wallis as another team member and Qeric Koten as Co-Founder.

They're also advertising on places like eLance and Craigslist.

Hello Talented Creative Writers,

NewbBay is looking for original thoughts and unbinding materials that you would like to contribute in the area of "Science Fiction,Self Help, Romance,Westerns,History,Mystery,Philosophy,Religion,Humor,Game ideas,Poems and lyrics,Screen Plays, Text books,Fantasy,Fiction,Horror,Thriller, Children's stories, Spirituality,Adventure, Nonfiction "

You get to keep Copyright,
and gain royalty based income & exposure.

Buffysquirrel

Registered
Reaction score
They're not liable for anything. Not for anything, you hear!