How'd You Find This Site?

jen fu

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jenlarsen.net
Doesn't everyone know about Absolute Write? I've been lurking on and off for years and years--and I don't even remember how I stumbled on it in the first place. But I read a blog post recently about how important it is to have community when you're a writer, and I realized I was very much missing that in my life. This was one of the places recommended in the comments to search out smart and good-looking writers to bond with, and so I shyly emerge from the shadows and try not to look like a weirdo.

SaucyPaladin

Silver Over Brass
Registered
Reaction score
evilrooster mentioned it on Making Light a while ago, and I
just got around to de-lurking.

TheDustyZebra

Registered
Reaction score
I normally hang out at SFF Chronicles, mostly in the Aspiring Writers section, and somebody from here mentioned this place. Since there's a good thirty seconds or so of my day that isn't already being wast... err... productively utilized over there, I thought I'd better come here too.

Charlotte@SLIW

Registered
Reaction score
I learned about this site from my brother-in-law Christopher Hawkins who is a writer, publisher, webmaster, and all around great human.

Daimeng

Registered
Reaction score
I just wanted to ask, again, where is the blog where I can comment on others' stories?/they comment on mine?

Catherine

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The site came up in my search engine when I was looking for information about writing.

workingmomwm

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wittyonlineeditor.com
I've been reading the articles on this site for years, but I've just now joined the forums. I'm currently looking for beta readers for a new project, and this site was the best result that came up in my Google search.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I just wanted to ask, again, where is the blog where I can comment on others' stories?/they comment on mine?

Csaper, it's not a blog - you're looking for Share Your Work (or SYW) and you'll find it on the main menu at absolutewrite.com/forums, if you just scroll down a ways.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
A fellow member of a writer's group I belong to suggest I give this plcae a try. So here I am. :)

Allana

Registered
Reaction score
Google.
I was searching for writers forums and there it was, above all the others.
I didn't get any further with my search. There was too much to read on here.:)

frankie say relax

Relaxing :)
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site while looking up info for beta readers. I've been reading for my sister's trilogy for a while now and I'm going to help her set up some beta readers at some point. Anyway I was on a blog and she suggested this site, and after lurking a bit I decided it sounded like a place for cool kids :)

The blog was Literary Rambles

Rikka

Registered
Reaction score
Yup, I'm a newb!

I asked where to find a decent writing forum on Yahoo! Answers. One of your members sent me a link to here!

Hey all, and welcome.

I've been here for half a year or so, and it's one of the best sites I've found for advice and support about writing.

The web's a weird place, with lots of trails, so I was wondering, how'd you find this site?

I myself found it mentioned in Writer's Digest's list of 101 Best Web Sites.

www.writersdigest.com/101..._index.asp

See you on the boards...

letteyv

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not new, but I am.

A very prolific writing friend, Gini Koch, told me about the site two years ago, but I haven't been active. I plan to change that. Where do I go to introduce myself? I'm having trouble finding an actual thread...or do I start a new one?

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
A very prolific writing friend, Gini Koch, told me about the site two years ago, but I haven't been active. I plan to change that. Where do I go to introduce myself? I'm having trouble finding an actual thread...or do I start a new one?
Just start a new thread here in the New Members section and the magic will begin. Glad you decided to de-lurk and welcome. :)