Not open for further replies.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
^ I like to endorse the notion that reactions should be pertinent to the actions. :)

But the actions should have some plausible relation to the human body--otherwise he could just pleasure her via the bellybutton and ear simultaneously with the same penis and achieve the same result.

Sandbar

Drama princess
Registered
Reaction score
May I suggest that unless you are writing a "How to" manual, what's important is not the position or the technique but the reactions and emotions of the participants.

This.

If you're writing a hot romance (which I do), then I suggest you'll need the position, the technique, the reactions and emotions of the participants.
Because all those are important. Good sex scenes aren't only about emotions and metaphors.

And this.

I agree with this. Basically, I want feel like I'm experiencing what the POV character is experiencing. I think that's important for any scene.

And this.

Also, just like any other scene, a sex scene needs to be part of the whole story. At the risk of sounding like I think I'm all that by referring to my WIP, I'm going to do it anyway: the MCs have been trying to get together for the first time for a couple of chapters now, and keep getting interrupted. Their friends, her ex-husband, her child, at one point a fire alarm going off...the moment is just not happening. So when finally they are not getting interrupted, she sort of stands there and he looks at her like "what's wrong?" and she says "I'm waiting for the interruption"...whereupon he ends up with her against the door for a good bit before she insists upon relocating. But the point is, it's a continuation of the interruptions that came before, and the against-the-door sex is kind of a "quick, before something else happens" thing.

Last edited:

Sandbar

Drama princess
Registered
Reaction score
But the actions should have some plausible relation to the human body--otherwise he could just pleasure her via the bellybutton and ear simultaneously with the same penis and achieve the same result.

I think I dated him.

Lil

Registered
Reaction score
The MCs have been trying to get together for the first time for a couple of chapters now, and keep getting interrupted. Their friends, her ex-husband, her child, at one point a fire alarm going off...the moment is just not happening. So when finally they are not getting interrupted, she sort of stands there and he looks at her like "what's wrong?" and she says "I'm waiting for the interruption"...whereupon he ends up with her against the door for a good bit before she insists upon relocating. But the point is, it's a continuation of the interruptions that came before, and the against-the-door sex is kind of a "quick, before something else happens" thing.

LOL This I want to read!

TerryRodgers

Registered
Reaction score
If the woman is comfortable with her body and enjoys masturbation than the same woman can easily have an orgasm doing same while in the missionary position. Results guaranteed...lol

Of course, never forget foreplay and that the woman's needs always comes first.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
If the woman is comfortable with her body and enjoys masturbation than the same woman can easily have an orgasm doing same while in the missionary position. Results guaranteed...lol

Of course, never forget foreplay and that the woman's needs always comes first.

Getting once hands on the clit while the vagina is occupied is not always that easy and some guys might take it as criticism.

[/TMI]

Last edited:

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com
Getting once hands on the clit while the vagina is occupied is not always that easy and some guys might take it as criticism.

Most guys are not paying so much attention to their partner that they’d notice!

On the other hand, too much attention on one’s lady can have a negative effect. Years ago when I stopped or slowed about the fourth time to check on my wife she yelled at me: “You take care of you and I’ll take care of me!”

(Miss her still.)

Sonsofthepharaohs

Still writing the ancient Egyptian tetralogy
Registered
Reaction score

[/TMI]

[TMI]

Really? most guys I've dated find this a huge turn on - in fact they often encourage it, and adjust position so they can watch ;)

[/TMI]

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com

Not necessarily.

Some women's parts are very nit picky about how hard, how much, how fast, how long, how comfortable she is in a given position, and what angle the stimulation comes from, and everything has to be just right for it to work. It can be darned hard to get all those lined up during the deed. Sensitivity can also vary with where she is in her cycle, her age (postmenopausal women can be less sensitive), meds she's on, whether she's been drinking, and a whole ton of other factors besides how comfortable she is with her own body.

Now the fantasy thing is a definite factor. Women who have to have everything just so to climax often wish it were easier for them (and their partners). They may enjoy putting themselves in the place of the super orgasmic protag, or they might just feel bad that they're not a "normal" woman like the ones in the books.

Presenting a little more variety in terms of orgasmic ability certainly (and even acknowledging that there are some nights when it just isn't gonna happen no matter what he does) wouldn't hurt.

Skimmer

Registered
Reaction score
Well, obviously the issue is that 70% of women don't have the tall, dark, dashing hero whose magic parts could make any woman satisfied with vanilla, and of course she has the magic amazing body that makes it moot anyway.

I am guessing that there are still people who like those fantasy characters. And the people who are bored with it are getting more selective with their authors or dabbling into erotica.

Mark W.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I think it more is, "Who is your audience?" If you are writing for those who like creative sex positions, toys, and massive orgasams; then yeah its bad. But if your target audience wants intimacy over brash description and emotional tension over bold action, then basic missionary may be just what the reader needs/wants.

Know your audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.