Jobation June 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

me-a-monsteR

Bites upon request
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to all you keytappers :)

Struggled my way through half a chapter and then went blank. Oh writer gods, how I need thee this night. :Headbang:

Right, getting some coffee as I await a firm kick in the rear.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
512 today. I kept her running. It seems to make sense in context, but I can always change it later if I want to. I need to keep moving forward... That's not usually the case with me, but this time it seems to be key.

Right, getting some coffee as I await a firm kick in the rear.

How about a poke? :poke:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not a lot today, a mere 432 words, plus another 333 on my blog.

It's a little something though.

It's 432 words, Doc. They weren't there yesterday :)

Ok, another very late start today. It's going to be all about the plottage so that I can go back to wordage tomorrow. I outlined this book, and I'm currently having a lot of fun merging chapters before I write them. It's hysterical how many chapters I thought I had. About one per sentence as far as I can see ;)

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
I'm torn. Part of me wants to take a break. Wrote every day for 44 days, over which time I've created 60000 fictional words (actually, considering erasures, closer to 70K), and I'm fried. On the other hand, I'm almost done. I feel as if I just write some danged thing for those last two plot lines over the next three days, I'll be able to call it a draft (the final 18K words are going to need revising anyway, no matter how careful I am today or tomorrow.) I think I'm feeling superstitious, like if I take a break now, the thing will never get done, I'll forget my people and voices or develop a block or a giant brick will come tumbling out of a glider plane and hit me on the head. (Dang glider pilots and their pet bricks!)

Anyway, you go Doc. I know you just finished a draft and here you are, continuing to write. That amazes and impresses me.

Last edited:

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out this stupid book, but for the moment I'm setting it aside and going to take my mind away from it, let my subconscious get onto it, while I type up some handwritten paranormal detective stories I wrote two, three years ago. Trying out Scrivener for the purpose, in fact.

Marya

In search of distractions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
africanalchemy.wordpress.com
Computer crashed yesterday afternoon, sudden power surge in the mountains. Delighted to see onesecondglace and mccardey did so well!

I wrote 733 words longhand by 7pm yesterday and input them this morning. I write differently longhand -- not always but sometimes and it can be disconcerting. Not sure if I'm just writing a false start right now.

Zelenka those handwritten paranormal detective stories sound like a great back-up plan.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I'm torn. Part of me wants to take a break. Every day for 44 days, over which time I've created 60000 fictional words (actually, considering erasures, closer to 70K), and I'm fried. On the other hand, I'm almost done. I feel as if I just write some danged thing for those last two plot lines over the next three days, I'll be able to call it a draft (the final 18K words are going to need revising anyway, no matter how careful I am today or tomorrow.) I think I'm feeling superstitious, like if I take a break now, the thing will never get done, I'll forget my people and voices or develop a block or a giant brick will come tumbling out of a glider plane and hit me on the head. (Dang glider pilots and their pet bricks!)

:Hug2: I vote push through! You're almost there. :e2cheer: Reward yourself with some well-deserved time off when you're done.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like everyone is getting a lot of writing done.:Clap:

Lorna, I'm with HJ, push through, you're almost done.:poke:

1,113 words today, which is surprising because I'm still trying to work out a plot point in this scene.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
My best day for ages - 1,433. Dead chuffed with that. I'm going attribute it to my envy of everyone else's impressive wordage over the month so far :D

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
thanks, hj and muse. I did write, 1850 words, and they aren't awful. And while I was writing, I heard a whoosh outside, and when I looked, sure enough, it was a giant brick that had fallen from the sky. But since I was inside writing, it missed me. Haha, fate, take that!

But this climax stuff, it takes a lot of words. Been so long since I wrote a climax, I forgot that.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Thanks, y'all! I only sat down to write again because I was determined to have some words to report. Got down a good scene, 487 words. It will need work, but is pivotal to a short I'm working on. Totally appreciate your gentle peer pressure. :e2cookie:

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Anyway, you go Doc. I know you just finished a draft and here you are, continuing to write. That amazes and impresses me.

Aww shucks... :eek:

Wish I had a streak of 44 days of productivity! :eek:

I only write 3-4 days a week. I don't deserve a break at that pace. :whip:

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score

Wrote the beginning of one character's denouement instead of the rest of the actioniest part of the climax, and that was a nice little break of its own sort. Some emotional satisfaction for a job well done for him, even though physically, he's pretty banged up. Will fill in the missing action chunk tomorrow where I do more banging up of him. Then one last line of action, 3 days of work. Then denouements, already half-drafted, so just one day there. Predicting Thursday, I'll have a whole draft, only the last 20Kof which will need significant revisions. Light. End of Tunnel.

WA, onesecondglance, keep up the good work--everyone else, too!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: lorna!

I changed a few words yesterday, but I was mostly captive to an enormous to-do list (probably 500 hundred words on its own, ha!).

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: lorna!

I changed a few words yesterday, but I was mostly captive to an enormous to-do list (probably 500 hundred words on its own, ha!).

All you have to do is insert that to-do list into a novel one day, and it counts! ;) "Harry de Cop needed to find the killer. He needed to do it now. It was crucial to his job and self-respect and all those mystery tropes. But first, he had a list of things to do:

Mow the lawn. (etc.)"

Good to hear, Mr. M! Hang in there; all will be revealed.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All you have to do is insert that to-do list into a novel one day, and it counts! ;) "Harry de Cop needed to find the killer. He needed to do it now. It was crucial to his job and self-respect and all those mystery tropes. But first, he had a list of things to do:

Mow the lawn. (etc.)"

Good to hear, Mr. M! Hang in there; all will be revealed.

Whoo-hoo! If to-do lists count then I've just written 467 words.:banana: