Status
Not open for further replies.

beachbum21k

I'm tired
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kylejohnmorgan.com
So I have an inkling of an idea in which two characters are brought together in kind of a road story but due to outside factors they come to decide that they were fooling themselves for a brief time and that they aren't really in love and they end up going after other people who are introduced at the beginning.

They have both lost people in the past to accidents and things. Because of this they both feel guilt in their own way.

Anyways I know this isn't technically a romance genre but I was wondering if anyone could point out examples of stories in which the characters teach each other something that allows them to be happier or maybe in love with someone else.

lise8

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, can't direct you to a specific book, but I think this idea is great and has a lot of potential.
I can think of a movie/ theatre musical though... let me google it, I think it is called Once... yep, here's the film link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_(film)

lexxi

bold enough for both those XXs
Registered
Reaction score
Your question reminds me of the movie Kissing Jessica Stein, although

(spoiler)

in that case I find it problematic that a same-sex is used as a learning experience for finding heterosexual happiness.

JoyceH

Registered
Reaction score
Website
joyceharmon.wordpress.com
Georgette Heyer's Regency, Sprig Muslin, is somewhat like that. The hero, Sir Gareth lost 'the love of his life', the dashing Clarissa seven years ago and Never Loved Again. But of course, he must marry and reproduce, so he proposes to the seemingly dull Lady Hester who's a Friend. She turns him down because she's secretly in love with him and it would just be all tragic to be married to a man you loved who didn't love you back. Along the way, Gareth meets up with the spunky and adorable young Amanda, who's a lot like a young Clarissa, and the assumption is that here's his love interest. He has to keep her out of scrapes and from accidentally ruining herself, so there are a lot of adventures and chasing about, with the upshot that Gareth realizes that Lady Hester is really the one for him. Sorry for the spoilers, but it's a really cute and funny read anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.