To attach or not attach

Umgowa

Registered
Reaction score
I recall in my wanderings through this web site that there are certain things agents and publishers prefer to be put in the body of an e-mail and not attached. I was just requested by a magazine publisher to e-mail them a recent article I've written. They were very interested. I got the feeling that they thought the request would be a very simple matter of my going click click with my computer and presto that would be all. Certainly they didn't expect me to re-write the entire article and put it in the body of an e-mail. Please tell me it's OK to write a nice cover note in an e-mail and say attached is the article you requested. Thanks for any input here.

Chachant

There's a dog under my foot
Registered
Reaction score
Typically if they requested it, they won't have a problem if you attach it. The only time it's a problem is if you're sending them an email and they don't know you and have never communicated with you.

Fern

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
In the email I sometimes note (Kaspersky/Norton/whatever you have) anti-virus protection for outgoing mail

scarlett9284

Registered
Reaction score
Since they requested it, I would think they would expect an attachment.

words

Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes I have had publishers request I paste an article into the body of an email.