Does SCWI have a forum?

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
And if they do have a forum, is it active?

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SCBWI does have an online forum, and it's somewhat active. I don't go there often, however, because I find AW and the Blue Boards to be far more useful and active.

SCBWI is a great organization, and I'd recommend children's book writers join. The conferences, workshops, and schmoozes are fantastic, and I love getting the SCBWI Bulletin in the mail (their print magazine, comes with subscription).

But when it comes to forums, I'd stick with AW and the Blue Boards.

:)Smish

Viking Horse

Devil in the Top Hat
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, I've never heard of the Blueboard before. I may have to check it out as well (not that I can really afford the time of yet another message board as it is).

Khanada

Registered
Reaction score
How do you get to the SCBWI board? I can see it mentioned on the Membership Benefits page, but I don't see any link to get me there. I do love this board, and I just joined the Blue Boards (though I've browsed it for many months now), but I'd still like to take a peek at SCBWI's just the same.

Happy Thanksgiving!

trocadero

Registered
Reaction score
Website
carolynwoulfe.livejournal.com
At the bottom of the front page, there is a horizontal line of links. "Community" is the one you need:) I check in from time to time, to see what's happening. I'm going to the conference in NY in January - can't wait!

Khanada

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks very much, Trocadero - they don't make it easy, do they?? Usually you can find everything you need with the top menus!

I have never been to a conference, but I'm not all that far from NY, so I'd LOVE to go some day. Just wish it wasn't a winter one as I'd likely be driving!

trocadero

Registered
Reaction score
Website
carolynwoulfe.livejournal.com
No worries, Khanada. Apparently the summer conference is bigger, but it falls right when my school starts. I've heard the summer one has a stronger craft focus, whereas the NY one has more emphasis on publishing. The great thing is that you can subscribe to the blog on the scbwi conference page and read all the notes!