Troy Anthony Davis to Be Executed by the State of Georgia

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Read all about it.

I stumbled onto this gentleman's case a while back--a friend who monitors such things almost obsessively brought it to my attention--and have kept an eye for this day. Basically this is why I can't get behind capital punishment in practice (as opposed to theory). Too many question marks, and if you screw it up there's no "undo" button.

I'm not declaring Mr. Davis' innocence, but I do think there are questions. And there's certainly no doubt that for some of our officials involved in the processe of law & order there is a greater emphasis on winning than there is on making sure you get it right. It's almost inherent to the job. You can only be so good at it if you're constantly doubting yourself.

Lastly... I hate turning stuff into a "black" thing (no really), but it does bug the hell out of me that more young black people are aware of R. Kelly and Kobe and gotdamn O.J. Simpson (again) trials than this cat's trial. At least be aware, people. Read a motherf**kin' book!

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
You must have missed my thread on the situation:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116148
It's been discussed for the past couple of weeks on one of my local UU congregation email discussion lists.

The State of Georgia executed someone just LAST Tuesday. I don't know anything about that case, but it clearly didn't have the contentions and doubts about the convicted man's guilt that this one does.