Last Movie You Watched...

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I finally watched more than pieces of A Scanner Darkly. In fact, I watch the whole thing. Originally, I thought that the cartooning over the actors was a gimic, and then I thought it was the only way to make the special blur suits work...but it was really a critique on our vision of reality. It was quite profound it its way. I recommend it.

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
Last night I watched a film called 'Dragon Crusaders'. I watched it because it was a small budget film made in Wales which a couple of friends ended up as extras in. It was bad in a truly amusing way with continuity errors, bad dialogue and other crimes scattered through it. Imagine Hawk the Slayer done with worse special effects and worse acting.

Lots of pretty shots of pretty bits of Wales though (they got paid by the Welsh government to include those :) )

strawberryblondie

Registered
Reaction score
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. Wow, I can't believe I waited so long to watch it. I loved it, but I'm so sad it's over now.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Saw THE MUPPETS for a second time (the first was an early cut of the film, this was a preview screening). I might be a bit biased, but I loved it. And the packed audience seemed to agree with me :) .

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I saw (was it Gus Van Zant who did it?) the Pyscho shot-for-shot, scene-for-scene, same music, remake again. I still don't get it. But, William H. Macy was excellent as always...

Archerbird

Nightowl
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gangs of New York. For the 5th time. I don't have to tell you why.

Last edited:

Macca

Registered
Reaction score
Watched two movies this week: The American, enjoyable 'existential' drama with George Clooney. Similar to Drive, but I preferred the latter. Also watched 13 Assassins, a great, action-packed Japanese samurai drama. So good, for most of the time it made me forget Kurosawa's Seven Samurai. A few very disturbing scenes too.

ShamanDrum

Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting movies through Quickflix (Aussie version of Netflix) and picking all the highest rated movies on RottenTomatoes.com (rated 100%). When I'm finished with those, will move down to 99% :) Better than picking movies randomly, and I DON'T trust my friends' recommendations.

So the last movie I watched from this batch was "Melvin and Howard". Not bad but not great.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Melancholia. Yes, Lars Von Trier is a humongous stool, but you know what? His writer/director skills are impressive. I was also impressed by Kirsten Dunst as a newlywed suffering from severe depression, who takes a long sabbatical at her sister's estate just as a rogue planet appears in Earth's path. It's very hard to get an audience to care about people like the characters on display, but over time the movie drags you into their inner pain and emotions, right to the bitter end...(that's not a spoiler, btw)

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
The Muppet Movie. I was hoping for more snark. Several funny bits & good cameos. Whoever's doing Fozzie's voice is NOT consistent. I learned 5 minutes in that I dislike Jason Siegel. This cast a bit of a damper on the movie. :)

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Saw The Muppet Movie last night. Sat there with a smile on my face the whole time. My son, who is now 14, had a big smile on his face. Our group laughed all the way through.

It was very sweet, and I thought a very good homage to the original Muppet series. I liked Jason Segel. His sweetness and overt love of all things Muppet came through. (In real life he has a Muppet theater in his home.)

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Both parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. In one sitting. In the world's most uncomfortable chairs. I prayed long and hard the section where Harry, Hermione, and Ron are hiding out in the woods would be condensed but alas. I was really, really, REALLY hoping they would get captured just to make that part of the movie be finally over.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Arthur Christmas followed 10 minutes later by Breaking Dawn - Part I.

I know, I know, it was an impromptu situation.

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
The Descendants. Which was very good, but...perhaps too close to home. I was bawling at the end.

Last edited:

fredXgeorge

I heart sexy elves and wizards.
Registered
Reaction score
Elf (Christmas film with Will Ferrell). God I love that movie.

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
Took a shoal of small relatives to see Puss in Boots. Meh. That's what holiday weekends are for.

I will watch almost anything while working out, but I have to say that horrifying domestic violence victim on the run crapfest? Stronger? Anyway it was playing on Oxygen and it was like looking at a burning building. You have to wonder if Jennifer Lopez has pictures of some powerful film types blowing a goat, because she can't act her way out of a hole.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Home sick, so watched Fearnet all day. Such delightfully lousy movies: Sometimes They Come Back... For More :)roll:), Zombie Strippers :)ROFL:), and The Giant Claw :)roll:) an old Jeff Morrow classic with an unintentionally funny creature).