• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Nancy Love Literary Agency

MarkEsq

Clever title pending.
Registered
Reaction score
In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasi
I queried Nancy Love because she has represented a mystery author or two and gets the thumbs up from the usual sources (e.g., P&E). I just wondered if anyone has had any experience with her agency that they would be willing to share. I spoke to her on the phone and she was very friendly and encourgaing.
Thanks for any input.

NancyMehl

She Who Resonates...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancymehlbooks.com
Nancy Love

Back in the old days, when I was sending manuscripts in the mail (and way before I should have been submitting ANYWHERE), I send almost every bad novel I had to poor Nancy Love.

Of course, she didn't represent me, but she was very nice. She always responded to me - even taking the time to write me a letter in an attempt to give me advice.

I have no clue about her sales, but she may have been one of the nicest agents I ever contacted.

Nancy

transom-jumper

Registered
Reaction score
Nancy Love

Dear Watercoolers,

I was checking various mystery agents and found contradictory info. on Nancy Love depending on which Web site I went to. Miriam Taiger is no longer with the agency but is hocking her wares as a book doctor. I called the agency and was shocked to find that they now exclusively represent nonfiction. Wow, what a change! A great deal of the Agent Query Web pages are 3 to 4 years out of date. I called 5 agents that morning. One that was supposed to represent mysteries was very surprised by the news. People who were supposed to be at certain agencies weren't there anymore. Others who were supposed to have started their own agency answered the phone at the one they'd supposedly moved on from. The gal who answered the phone at Nancy Love said they were still getting a lot of queries for mysteries, but apparently were in no rush to update any information. Writer beware! My best suggestion is read the sites, then call and find out if the info is still valid.

Transom-Jumper.

Last edited:

Edita A Petrick

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.editapetrick.biz
Nancy Love Lit. Agency

Just for information if you already don't know it but Nancy Love Agency is no longer representing any fiction - it is now concentrating entirely on non-fiction. So don't bother sending queries of genre material.

ExposingCorruption

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
On February 12th, I sent a snail mail query to Nancy Love regarding my book on massive corruption in the government and the CIA. She emailed a request for my book proposal on February 19th. :):):)

Last edited:

ExposingCorruption

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Nancy Love Agency is no longer representing any fiction - it is now concentrating entirely on non-fiction. So don't bother sending queries of genre material.

I thought non-fiction was a genre, as in: "Politics and history are among the nonfiction genres that Nancy Love represents."

Is this a correct use of the word "genre," or should "genre" only be used to designate fiction?

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
I thought non-fiction was a genre, as in: "Politics and history are among the nonfiction genres that Nancy Love represents."

Is this a correct use of the word "genre," or should "genre" only be used to designate fiction?

"A genre" can refer to any genre, including non-fiction. But when someone calls writing genre fiction, or genre material, that generally refers to romance, mystery, horror, and science fiction/fantasy. Basically, it's everything that's not non-fiction or literary, at least that's the way I've always defined it.

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
I thought this thread should note that Nancy is deceased and the agency is closed.