The "T" Party.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love mini-skirts, but I'm getting a bit old to be rocking the mini...(but--back in the day--re a few years ago). I heard that after 35 you have to stop wearing mini-skirts and bikini's. Fashion police.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
While I was at work today, I realised that while I don't like jeans, I don't think I'd have a problem wearing a denim skirt.

Just thought I'd share. :)

Yeah, back in my skirt days...denim was my fave...

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I call shitty journalism! Looks like the original Miami Herald story was written by someone who knows their journalist standards (ie use name and pronoun and gender of preference). Though apparently she often goes by Andrew and asked to be called Andrew in the newspaper piece.: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/gays...ender-mcfatter-senior-crowned-prom-queen.html

ETA: She looks lovely, and yay for their school being filled with such awesome supportive kids.

Last edited:

Ardent Kat

Kill your television
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katherineokelly.com
“Many students have started a petition to have me removed from the ballot,” Andrew wrote last week in a Facebook message. “They also are outraged and say I am making a mockery of prom, because I am going in an evening gown.”

Poor Andrew. This particular protest by petitioners is especially sad. Because after all PROM = SRS BUSINESS. Not like it's already a mockery in itself or anything...

serious-business-police.jpg

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score

Anna L.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annafrost.ca

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Man, one of these days when my hair gets long enough, I need to find a good female friend to apply me some make-up, lend me a dress, and see how well I can pull that off.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Of course, you're less likely to think so than someone else, because you'd be so used to looking at yourself in the mirror and seeing "male".

Nah, if I'm harsh on myself it would have less to do with gender and more to do with my wildly sinusoidal self-esteem regarding my own attractiveness.

You should totally take a picture of that and show us. :D

If I manage to get around to it and think I pull it off okay, I shall.

Becca_H

Where am I again?
Registered
Reaction score
I know I only posted a link a few days ago (I'll try not to make a habit of it) but:

http://www.mpbn.net/Home/tabid/36/ctl/ViewItem/mid/3478/ItemId/16666/Default.aspx

I have so much respect and admiration for this girl. One, for being so successful, and two, since when should a 13-year-old (presumably with no interest in politics) have to challenge her own government. It's not even like it's a valid issue for debate.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know I only posted a link a few days ago (I'll try not to make a habit of it) but:

http://www.mpbn.net/Home/tabid/36/ctl/ViewItem/mid/3478/ItemId/16666/Default.aspx

I have so much respect and admiration for this girl. One, for being so successful, and two, since when should a 13-year-old (presumably with no interest in politics) have to challenge her own government. It's not even like it's a valid issue for debate.

I've had it with this backwards ass country. They are trying to make discrimination against one group of people legal. fuck them. Go Nicole! And once you're old enough, if you're reading this, get out of this country before they put us all into fucking camps...

I fear for our young.

Becca_H

Where am I again?
Registered
Reaction score
I've very quickly started to realise how fortunate I am to be British and transgender. We don't have any of this crap. I have full legal protection, and absolutely nobody seems to care that I was born a boy. Teachers, friends, kids at school, none of them cared (or were nice about it).

Really do feel for you guys over in the US. Although, my time in SoCal was amazing. Actually forgot I was transgendered because nobody even gave me a second look for my entire time there.

Becca_H

Where am I again?
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent. I can't believe the bill was even suggested in the first place.

I wonder how much influence the 13-year-old girl had. Well done her.

Mara

Clever User Title
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so happy the bill failed. I think our rights are inevitable, but Republicans will demagogue the issue and drag their feet as long as possible.

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry that bill came up in the first place. I really need to become the governor around here.

Deleted member 42

Excellent. I can't believe the bill was even suggested in the first place.

Geeze. Is the entire country turning stupid?

Wait'll they find out that both University of Maine and Bowdoin have co-ed bathrooms and dorms . . .