What YA book are you reading RIGHT NOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
I finally finished Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick and have decided to give YA paranormal romance a break for the time being because it just doesn't seem to hold anything for me (although I as always remain open to suggestions).

Have started reading Rune Marks by Joanne Harris, which I am absolutely loving. Norse mythology, magic and a nice spin on a post-apocalyptic society (in this case Ragnorak has happened and the old Gods brought down). I've had this on my to read pile for ages and only held back because I'd thought it was the first in a trilogy (it isn't) so I'm now kicking myself for being a twit.

MM

elissa

holding my breath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lissnkids.blogspot.com
reading The Summer I Turned Pretty. It's okay so far, but I'm only a little ways in. Ordered The Sky is Everywhere, and I preordered The Replacement and The Unidentified, both of which I'm really excited about!

Sean Wills

Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody here tried Salt by Maurice Gee? It sounds like it would be right up my alley, but I can't find many reviews online. (The ones I've found so far are positive, though.)

XMissBrightSideX

Socially Awkward Sam
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Sisters Red, and it was fantastic. Can't wait to see what Pearce's next book will be.
Oh and just started The Iron Daughter, finally got my hands on a copy. I've been waiting months for this darn book!

Sean Wills

Registered
Reaction score
I just got Revolver by Marcus Sedgewick. Been meaning to dig into some of his books for a while now.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished "Freaks and Revelations" by Davida Wills Hurwin. Powerful stuff, based on a true story of a violent hate crime. But I wish there was more about how the two characters reconciled and came together at the end of the book.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Will Grayson, Will Grayson. Freaking fabulous book. It'll stay with me a long time, and one particular line in the book may have literally changed my life. Time will tell...

Sentosa

Banned
Reaction score
Just finished the 7 volume Tomorrow series by John Marsden. Published by Pan

I've read this series 5 times. It's motivated me to attempt writing for YA. It's 50+ years since I was a YA

~*Kate*~

brings the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katehart.net
Finished RED GLASS by Laura Resau today. Loved how different it was from most of the YA I've read. It had some beautiful prose in it.

AriaKane

Write. Wine. Repeat.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ariakane.com
I'm a little late on this one, but I'm reading Howl's Moving Castle now. Also, about to start Charlie St. Cloud, but that's for a book club and I'm kinda being coerced into it :)

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
Pamvhv:
I Am Number Four

Is that any good? It keeps showing up in my Amazon recommendations list and the book blurb intrigues me but I'm a bit leery of blurbs that have great ideas when I find the execution is a bit meh.

MM

Sean Wills

Registered
Reaction score
Is that any good? It keeps showing up in my Amazon recommendations list and the book blurb intrigues me but I'm a bit leery of blurbs that have great ideas when I find the execution is a bit meh.

MM

One of its writers is James Frey, the guy behind the A Million Little Pieces scandal. I don't know if that would be enough to put you off, but it had that effect on me.

(For what it's worth, I've also seen some fairly negative reviews.)

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
I started Feeling Sorry For Celia this morning, and OMG. Jaclyn Moriarty, where have you been all my life?

I'm kinda liking it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.