Profanity in the Christian forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
I am concerned about the amount of profanity I've been seeing here on the Chrisitian Board. One would think this would be a no-brainer, but apparently I have to address it.

Now, first of all, I am NOT addressing the two "Cursing" threads. The discussion is about cuss-words themselves and is a perfectly legitimate topic for a writer's board.

But I've been seeing a disturbing tendency to use profanity in general discussions here and I'm going to ask you to stop. Although the "naughty word filter" has been removed from the board software, some Mods have implemented a "No Profanity" rule on their individual boards. I did not think it would be necessary here, but apparently it is.

Therefore, please don't use any profanity here. This includes using asterisks to mask something that is clearly profanity. We're all writers here, and we can find better alternatives.

Thank you.

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
I have profanity in my scrpts. Is that okay????

And I have adopted a pretty firm rule of NOT using profanity in my internet conversations. It's a slipery slope that I've fallen into before.

But still ... do you want me to censor my scripts?

Last edited:

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
I am referring to using profanity conversationally on the Christian Forum only. I've no authority (or interest) in censoring anyone in any other context.

Dancre

Just have fun.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimkouski.com
I am concerned about the amount of profanity I've been seeing here on the Chrisitian Board. One would think this would be a no-brainer, but apparently I have to address it.

Now, first of all, I am NOT addressing the two "Cursing" threads. The discussion is about cuss-words themselves and is a perfectly legitimate topic for a writer's board.

But I've been seeing a disturbing tendency to use profanity in general discussions here and I'm going to ask you to stop. Although the "naughty word filter" has been removed from the board software, some Mods have implemented a "No Profanity" rule on their individual boards. I did not think it would be necessary here, but apparently it is.

Therefore, please don't use any profanity here. This includes using asterisks to mask something that is clearly profanity. We're all writers here, and we can find better alternatives.

Thank you.

Hey Roger, can I also add that folks shouldn't get bent out of shape when we talk about Christianity in the Christian board and our faith in Christ?

thanks!!!

kim

Status
Not open for further replies.